caferacerdan

Harris Magnum 2 build

7 hours ago, clivegto said:

Did you ring Harris Dan ? The stem I got from them was about £85.

Yeah spoke to Harris, Lester himself actually! He suggested I get the bike on the road as is and just ride it to see how it rides with the very short trail/rake and length that the r1 front end gives before i buy anything. 

Im just weighing up options while other parts turn up as will be starting on the wiring soon

8 hours ago, vizman said:

The bikes a bit of a dinosaur...I’d stick a dyna s in it

with how simple and cheap the S is I could get it fitted just to get the thing running and then always upgrade later if i need to change ignition, if a turbo were to fall on it for example

• Like 1

Think they may have original been designed for a Z stem but not 100% sure on this.

• Like 1

Dan the bottom yoke on the left is z1000mk2 the one one the right is for a mag2 they do appear to be the same length, but the z is fatter & welded onto the bottom yoke.

20190517_143354.jpg

• Like 1

About a 1000 years ago I used to have a stock efe front end on my magnum 2 and it's a simple bolt-on job after first removing the stock lock stops so stems must be compatible.

• Like 1

cheers guys. got a slingshot stem here that I am gonna measure up too and see if that fits any better

Slingshot one is to short, b12 one is to long. Tried both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clivegto said:

Slingshot one is to short, b12 one is to long. Tried both.

hmm strange could have sworn Chris fitted one recently. @spondonturbodidnt your slingshot stem go straight into your harris?

Whether the stem is too long or too short can depend on the the thickness of the top yoke. Same frame, same stem may work with one top yoke but not another:)

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:57 PM, caferacerdan said:

hmm strange could have sworn Chris fitted one recently. @spondonturbodidnt your slingshot stem go straight into your harris?

Hi Dan, yes you are right. I have dropped a 750m front end in mine. Only had to buy the correct head bearings and it went in ok.

• Like 1