2018 Donnington Classic Endurance

Mole28

Guest YoshiJohnny
1 hour ago, MeanBean49 said:

Rob is looking at some clarification on this. The rules do say the crankcases have to be correct for the bike model. Ie match the frame. The question is did Harris make make an F1 frame for an oil cooled motor in 86. And if they were ever raced in 86. Yes the frame and motor existed at the same time, but afaik they were never raced in that configuration. Going down the same road as the farce that is the classic TT

Yep the rule changes mean what could have been a decent competitive bike in SB2 is now just a making the numbers up behind the big teams bike

It will still be fun and a dream come true if I get on track but yes it's changed from "being in the spirit" to anything goes as long as it looks nice

13 hours ago, Mole28 said:

It's not a GS engine we are going to use now.  The decisions been made now and we are in the classic superbike class.Means we can run 17" wheels and 4pot brakes and an oilboiler.

Harris_endurance_mockup.JPG

Just playing devils advocate a bit here, dont think that swingarm is gona pass for manufacturers origional or period aftermarket for the frame

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, minx said:

Is that how they're working the rules this year @MeanBean49

Im not overly sure how the rules are working this year. They have tried to make them to accomodate the european bikes, but havent quite realised they have inadvertantly opened they rules up to fraud bikes that didnt actually exist or werent raced under the regs of the period. From what I understand its going to be looked at again when Rob us back off holiday.

If the dont change then if I do it again I will build a bike within those rules myself, im thinking along the lines of a big bore tuned gpx/zzr 1200 motor in a harris F1 style chassis

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just like to say that the docs and nurses in the Med centre and Nottingham hospital were brilliant, they must get fed up with bike racer monkeys being wheeled in on stretchers but still got on with it without bollocking me, except for the senior trauma Doc who is a car racer and kept on about 2 wheels being unstable and no wonder we fall off.:)..:tu

Also it was so quick, 5 minutes after going into A&E i was in having Xrays. God bless the NHS:D

• Like 9
57 minutes ago, Mole28 said:

Get well soon sir. Trying and failing is better than not trying. 

We did try incredibly hard. Wasnt a complete failire, we made the race, started well, were picking up pace and a few places and manged a good hour. Thats good going considering the setbacks.

Lookimg at the results we technically didnt retire until nearly 3 hours in. So we were 3/4 the way to finishing lol.

• Like 3