Framedifferences EFE

Rene EFE

i was wondering about that when i sought a EF frame.. since i wanted mine to have a fairing.

Because of that i searched the internet and found that most of the naked EF's with a recoated frame no longer had them.

All nakeds with the part worn paint still sport them.

I concluded most of them are de-lugged for a sleeker appearance before a refresh.

i think the main difference between a (half)faired or a naked lies in what brackets the factory used ( 11 or 5 )

Above is my conclusion, so there is a chance a grown up will corrected me and prove me wrong.

suzuki-gs1150es3-1985.gif

• Like 1

I've had a US market E and currently an ES. The E had fairing mount lugs with plastic caps stuck in the hole as no class noted.  My thinking is that they are all the same. 

As Blubber noted about the brackets, my half faired bike mounts do not have provisions to mount the belly (lower) fairing. 

Edited by Dorkburger
Add
4 hours ago, no class said:

the ones I had were all equipped with lugs.....they had some sort of plastic plug pushed in the threaded portion ......that being the ....full faired / half faired and naked .

Yep,same here...My 'e' had them,once,along with the plastic bungs too...I might even have a couple still kicking about.