gsx1100 engine breather cover

Monk

Hi all, ive a gsx1100f motor in efe frame, i want to make/fit an oil catch tank thing is bresther cover on top of the motor exits on the left of the engine which makes it s pain for routing braided hose so Wondered if anybody knows for sure if i can just turn it round along with gasket, seems like two separate parts under the cover so dont want to risk turning without knowing for sure!

6 minutes ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

i stuck a 10mm thread in the hole and fitted a -6 banjo and b raided  hose with a 90 fitting to come over the top of the rockerbox....:tu

Good idea! Cheers for that, had debated welding it up etc but my welders got a mind of its own at the moment!

16 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

I knew I had some pictures somewhere:tu

XTaKupj.jpg

AAOJUly.jpg

That is seriously over engineered to make work, gotta love it haha, ill have a look see shat spare fittings i have but if i have to buy would cost more than a new cover! everything ive made fit this bike wish i hadnt started! ,but guess just like so many others on here, just cant leave alone! Got to play! Haha

• Like 2
10 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Yes it is indeed..:DI had all the bits in a box so made one instead of buying something :tu

Well ive checked my box of bits and im all out of whats needed, Youve made me want to mess with it now dam you! If my mate hasnt sorted a gsx6f one out by mid next week guess il be ordering some bits!:banana: our lass goes mental !

On 18/08/2017 at 5:00 PM, fatblokeonbandit said:

i stuck a 10mm thread in the hole and fitted a -6 banjo and b raided  hose with a 90 fitting to come over the top of the rockerbox....:tu

Im being picky here but you have reduced diameter of bore so its not going to breathe as good. These motors gotta breathe.

I used a plastic right-angled connector obtained at an autojumble for 50p and some transparent fuel pipe of the appropriate diameter. You can then easily change the direction the pipe takes from the top of the cam cover. This is on an efe motor but it is similar in principle to GSXRs/blandits although the spigot exits directly backwards (straight into my frame tube, hence the right-angled bit). This is much cheaper than using the braided approach and probably weighs half. Also, it soon becomes obvious how much moisture is expelled from the engine via this top breather as the pipe is clear.

• 3 weeks later...