bought an efe

Just now, Dorkburger said:

Nice. Some I4 noise to offset the v twins is fine in my book. I live on a corner in a smallish town. Whenever a V twin rolls to the stop, I do nothing, or ocassionally mock.

When a sport bike rolls up,  I'll drop what I'm doing and take a look. I'm like a frikkin kid.:P

same. 

Edited by boilerdude
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, londonboards said:

I take all my EFEs to my local frame straightner ( i'm lucky I have one ). They invariably have something wrong with them and the subframes and swingarms are very easily knocked out of kilter.

This is the type of guy you need to find:

http://www.motoliner.com/

Makes a huge difference.

Greetings

That is something I've only given a passing thought  to. If I can find one reasonably close, that opens up some  options. 

Thanks!

Unfortunately you guys have so much more specialty motorcycle shops than we have on this whole bullshit continent. Imean I could probably take it somewhere and have somebody "try" to do that and probably fuck it up worse. Here in the states...

I love your efe youtubes btw

Edited by boilerdude

Age is your biggest enemy; these bikes are all getting on a bit, and getting them to behave with modern chassis parst puts even more strain on the frame. Apart from that, I've yet to find a single steel-framed 70's or 80's bike that is actually straight from the factory..

I thought the e was aluminum? Still though I hear ya. 80's... Also some of the factory welds on this thing. I think the hammer god may have been lazy with his blessings on some of the US bound bikes. Some of the cavities in these welds. Yeesh... But as long as it doesnt fall apart she's still my e...

Asked about Motoliner for mine. The guy said he'd need the whole bike for a week. He said he'd jig the frame, then straighten it. Apparently, the frame has a 'memory' and tries to return to pre-straightening state. So he has to do it twice. A bit of a long drawn out process! Added to the fact he's in Grantham, and I'm in the North East, so two trips. In the end, I didn't bother. It's a pity one of the dealers in the area haven't set one up. Food for thought?

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, Swiss Toni said:

Asked about Motoliner for mine. The guy said he'd need the whole bike for a week. He said he'd jig the frame, then straighten it. Apparently, the frame has a 'memory' and tries to return to pre-straightening state. So he has to do it twice. A bit of a long drawn out process! Added to the fact he's in Grantham, and I'm in the North East, so two trips. In the end, I didn't bother. It's a pity one of the dealers in the area haven't set one up. Food for thought?

http://www.jwmotorcycles.co.uk/ would be close to you .......................and very good I,m told

• Like 1