Help carbs don’t line up

2 hours ago, BoostedRooster712 said:

I've just had a look at 2 genuine sets I have of 07D rubbers and they look identical. You can still buy them new from yoshimura. 

Yes, you are correct.

These are the China ones I have. So pathetic. Look closely at the part numbers and the fit is not even close.

I forgot to add photo. My post made no sense without the photo

IMG20240729180045.jpg

Edited by george 1100
2 hours ago, george 1100 said:

Yes, you are correct.

These are the China ones I have. So pathetic. Look closely at the part numbers and the fit is not even close.

I forgot to add photo. My post made no sense without the photo

IMG20240729180045.jpg

Mine are different to these. The mounting holes on mine are both inline across the centre not offset like these ones. I’ve got them to fit but going to have to port the inlets on the engine to suit.

It sounds to me that the main take home message here is a genuine Suzuki set of rubbers of the correct size will enable you to mount the carbs or throttle bodies you want to. Most are made for BST 36, 750l,m for BST38, 1100 m,n for BST 40. GSXR tend to be shorter than Blandit, bringing the carbs closer to the head. Slabby 1100 and powerscreen take BST 34. If you find part numbers and cross reference you should be able to determine which rubbers are common to different bikes.

Second take home message: avoid pattern carb rubbers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dezza said:

It sounds to me that the main take home message here is a genuine Suzuki set of rubbers of the correct size will enable you to mount the carbs or throttle bodies you want to. Most are made for BST 36, 750l,m for BST38, 1100 m,n for BST 40. GSXR tend to be shorter than Blandit, bringing the carbs closer to the head. Slabby 1100 and powerscreen take BST 34. If you find part numbers and cross reference you should be able to determine which rubbers are common to different bikes.

I’m also starting to learn that some people sell you something claiming it to fit when it doesn’t.  Mentioning no names as I’m still waiting for some parts that I paid for in September 

17 minutes ago, bluedog59 said:

May I (unfortunately ) refer you to my previous comment. 

I know mate, I learned the hard way. Get the rest of my parts from him then probably done with him. I did go up there a couple of weeks ago and he was the nicest, friendliest, best mate you could have :S

On 7/29/2024 at 3:02 PM, Dezza said:

Both @davecaraon his Slingy and me on the 1100G have used pattern Chinesium copies of the 1250 rubbers and the throttle bodies go on just fine. No alignment issues, no spacing the bodies, no porting required and less than £20. 

1 minute ago, imago said:

Both @davecaraon his Slingy and me on the 1100G have used pattern Chinesium copies of the 1250 rubbers and the throttle bodies go on just fine. No alignment issues, no spacing the bodies, no porting required and less than £20. 

Any link of where to get them from please

17 minutes ago, Grove said:

Any link of where to get them from please

I think (it was a while back) I got mine from Amazon, Dave got his from somewhere else AliExpress or some such. 

On 7/26/2024 at 12:04 PM, davecara said:

As @imagosaid, you'll need 2 sets of inlet rubbers and use both lots of outers or both lots of inner, both work but one positions the bodies lower.

If you look at your TB's, theyre equally spaced, so if theyve come off an oil cooled motor theyve used a combination of inlet rubbers

• Like 1