Rear Light

Hi All, I've just aquired an 83 GS850L, and joined the forum. Thanks for the acceptance.

I'm looking for the rear light assembly for my bike, and wonder if anyone can help. Also, would it be the same as a GS850G? (Mine should be chrome).

Even a similar light would help a lot right now.

12 minutes ago, Gacataki said:

Hi All, I've just aquired an 83 GS850L, and joined the forum. Thanks for the acceptance.

I'm looking for the rear light assembly for my bike, and wonder if anyone can help. Also, would it be the same as a GS850G? (Mine should be chrome).

Sorry.. I should have mentioned that I am from South Africa. Here, these bikes are called 'L'. I believe that in other countries they were clled "GL".

18 minutes ago, Gacataki said:

if you mean the GS850L custom (chopper style) with the small square'ish tail light that sits on the chrome mudguard then no, the G is wider and sits in the tail unit. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Gacataki said:

Welcome to OSS 

Please read the fucking rules (RTFR) in general section before asking for parts or you might find the post deleted ;)

@TonyGee

Edited by wraith
  • Like 2

Noted. Now if I can just find them... I'll study them.

Will I also see the diiference between a 'topic' and a 'post'. I noticed both of them, and have been trying to understand the difference. Sorry if I seem difficult, but am a pensioner and way B.C.

• Like 1

The rules are here 

A post is what youve been doing in replying here. Topic would be the heading of what you want to talk about, like you have already done here...topic being Rear light.  Or at least thats my take on it. 

Anyway, have a good mooch around the forum and share some pics of your bike. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Gacataki said:

Well thanks... Dickhead! Excellent way to make a newbie feel welcome!

Well fuck off then >:(

And I've just removed the tip if you're being a dick head 

Edited by wraith
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, Gacataki said:

Well thanks... Dickhead! Excellent way to make a newbie feel welcome!

How to make friends and influence people!

If you're new, you should tread on eggshells until . . . . . . whenever! - then you can start with the personal insults!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Dezza said:

As does calling other site members dickheads 5 minutes after joining.

+1 for not being a pushover tho. That said, i read the rules and didnt have to be told to read them. Because i knew this place was special after perusing for less than 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, Gacataki said:

Wraith, I hereby formally apologise to you for calling you a 'Dickhead", and hope that this could be put behind us.

I messed up, and thanks to all for all the guidance. i'll get it right.

Least you could do

• Like 1