Spondon turbo

• 1 year later...

finally got the old girl finished and back on the road just in time for the Donnington Classic bike show. Was on the Spondon Owners Club stand and got the chance to parade the circuit along with all the other Old Skool bikes and the Spondon owners. Spent most of the winter rebuilding and fixing issues. engine out and retorqued the head as had done 500 miles since I rebuilt the engine. All goodridge lines remade with new fittings and hose as I was having some leakage issues and the original anodising had faded. Mr Dunlop rebullt the rajay which had a damaged impellar thanks to a bolt wanting a closer look. Was hard work getting the right anodised fittings as people have moved on from red / blue anodised, but I like the old skool look.

Had the damaged paintwork repaired following a petrol leak. Was close to stripping and doing a new paint scheme, but I really like this paintob even if it is dated. Just a coupe of jobs left to do now and she will be completely finished. Now MOT'd and taxed so funtime !!

These pics from the show but not very good

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_5698.JPG

• Like 8
7 hours ago, busa ash said:

stunning bike Ā , keep it as is, perhaps have the painter that did chris bike touch in the paintwork ?

Ash, he has done the tank and seat unit. Same painter as Chris's bike. Just got the wheels and mudguard to sort, but want to put it back to single seat which is where the headache is. Thinking of Fibre glassing the missing part of the hump on and then he could blow in new paint

• Like 1