GSXR Swingarm lengths suitability

skooter

You can make almost anything fit with top hat spacers. There can be a LOT of faffing to make them work correctly though. The slabby linkage would have to be swapped out and you would need to spend time working out your rising rates etc.

Look at the build threads on here though, lots have done it. @clivegto has done on his scratcher albeit a 750's, @Leblowskiswapped  a different swingarm into a 750, I'm fitting a slingshot arm in my 750 and @GeorgeEI7KOhas a B12 arm in his. So its well do-able

• Like 1
1 hour ago, davecara said:

You can make almost anything fit with top hat spacers. There can be a LOT of faffing to make them work correctly though. The slabby linkage would have to be swapped out and you would need to spend time working out your rising rates etc.

Look at the build threads on here though, lots have done it. @clivegto has done on his scratcher albeit a 750's, @Leblowskiswapped  a different swingarm into a 750, I'm fitting a slingshot arm in my 750 and @GeorgeEI7KOhas a B12 arm in his. So its well do-able

Anything will fit if you've a big enuff 'ammer Dave. B12 into slabby.... A piece of piss. My 16 year old lad would manage it. They key to the slabby is to retain the standard lever and shock length. I've a shock outta an aRse6 from a yammahoohaa in there. Works reet. And bin the off centre spacer for the big bearing on the lever and get one made with the hole centered. 

Edited by GeorgeEI7KO
47 minutes ago, GeorgeEI7KO said:

Anything will fit if you've a big enuff 'ammer Dave. B12 into slabby.... A piece of piss. My 16 year old lad would manage it. They key to the slabby is to retain the standard lever and shock length. I've a shock outta an aRse6 from a yammahoohaa in there. Works reet. And bin the off centre spacer for the big bearing on the lever and get one made with the hole centered. 

I am fitting an R6 swingarm to a 750 slabby just now. Do you mind sharing some more info/photos? 

Edited by Nik
  • Like 1
On 10/26/2023 at 9:31 AM, Joseph said:

Doesn't sound like the question is asking for plug and play options though ?

@skooterwhats the deal you're wanting to do on the bike ?

Main thing is to raise the arse, and sharpen the steering angle.

Get rid of standard cushion lever that hits frame, so Ill gain flexibility on shock and dog bone length.

About 10 years ago   I had a 750klm  arm mocked up using a milled Srad cushion lever, however that swinger was too short and I lost interest.

Im guessing I need to look at later 1100 arms but not sure what spacing  length and weight they are.

As far as I can see there are a few more WC. gull arms around but to me they look heavy.

Water cooled and slingshot arms are pretty interchangeable, just the pivot diameter is larger on the Ws. If you had a 750 slingshot swing arm mocked up, a W will be the same. The braced 750W swing arms are a nice upgrade on the slingshots, and are as simple as just sliding the slingshot spacers inside the W spacers inside the bearings. I've never worked with the 1100Ws, but I've used a braced 750W swing arm in an 1100M frame.

This is an 1100 with a 750W swing arm in it, and it is on the short side.

image.thumb.jpeg.45caef7fb9f8cbd9999f922967768d70.jpeg

• Like 1
11 hours ago, skooter said:

Main thing is to raise the arse, and sharpen the steering angle.

Get rid of standard cushion lever that hits frame, so Ill gain flexibility on shock and dog bone length.

About 10 years ago   I had a 750klm  arm mocked up using a milled Srad cushion lever, however that swinger was too short and I lost interest.

Im guessing I need to look at later 1100 arms but not sure what spacing  length and weight they are.

As far as I can see there are a few more WC. gull arms around but to me they look heavy.

Right, well the easisest option for a slightly longer and "plug and play" arm, is the '89 GSXR 1100 arm.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but it's longer than the 750s and i think 3cm shorter than the following slingshot 1100 arms

So if you have already made a working linkage, you could fit that 89 arm easy and gain a tad more length

On 10/28/2023 at 10:37 AM, Joseph said:

Right, well the easisest option for a slightly longer and "plug and play" arm, is the '89 GSXR 1100 arm.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but it's longer than the 750s and i think 3cm shorter than the following slingshot 1100 arms

So if you have already made a working linkage, you could fit that 89 arm easy and gain a tad more length

Is that the K rwu  model or LM usd model ?

I always thought the K had a short swingarm.

11 minutes ago, skooter said:

Thats a curved ball , I hadnt even considered modifying the original linkage .

That would certainly be the simplest solution .

Im not sure funkymonk is still active , no posts replies for well over a year .

Ive left a message anyhow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 9:24 AM, davecara said:

I did not Swap swing arms

I took a slabby swing arm, chopped the part that holds the suspension mount and welded in that part from a slingshot to get rid of the ridicilous non adjustable slabby linksystem.

In that way the swinger looked like a slabby swinger but now ridheight was adjustable.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...