Suzuki gaskets?

vern

3 minutes ago, slayer61 said:

I've never known the "OEM"s to provide "kits". They gladly sell you the individual parts you need. The kits come from the aftermarket

They did. I even had the part number! They have discontinued the timing chain too!

Yes you are correct they used to do a complete kit but that has now been discontinued.  You can still buy the gaskets individually . I purchased parts to put the  cases together and head and barrel on and was getting towards £300 in gaskets . I wouldnt use aftermarket oil tube o rings ect  but side case gaskets should be fine..

4 hours ago, slayer61 said:

I've never known the "OEM"s to provide "kits". They gladly sell you the individual parts you need. The kits come from the aftermarket

11400 or 11402 is the start of the part number for all Suzuki OEM gasket kits. 

I've sold more gasket sets than I've had hot dinners, gladly hot dinners don't become discontinued.

Dealer I worked for is moving to cometic when stock gaskets become discontinued.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, colinworth79 said:

Yes you are correct they used to do a complete kit but that has now been discontinued.  You can still buy the gaskets individually . I purchased parts to put the  cases together and head and barrel on and was getting towards £300 in gaskets . I wouldnt use aftermarket oil tube o rings ect  but side case gaskets should be fine..

I have spent the day writing an e mail listing all the part numbers for gaskets, seals and other rings. Be interesting to see how much it costs! Did you change your timing chain? If so doyou know who made it? Thanks.

I've used both Cometic and Vesrah gaskets on GSXRs and other bikes without issue. I also just checked and I can still order cam chains here in the states. All of the oil cooled 1100s used the same cam chain, only the blandits got the weird one. Part number 12760-40C01. Also looks like Suzuki still sells gasket sets for everything oil cooled going back to 1998.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dezza said:

Cosmic do reusable gasket kits for the covers, sump etc., available on eb@y, as well as head gaskets. Base gaskets aren't that expensive (relatively). It's the cost of OEM oil seals that really add up :(

If you measure the seals you can buy them from the likes of Simply Bearings at a fraction of the cost for the same quality or better (Nitrile, Viton). They also break the seal types down into sliding shaft for the likes of forks, rotating shafts, high pressure etc.

• Like 1