Newark Winter Classic 5/6th Jan

MeanBean49

Anyone fancy putting bikes on a stand at the Newark Winter Classic? 5-6th jan

Its my Mrs show, what she is planning is one of the halls having a fire up area hosted by Steve Plater, 

She wants to have 3 bike club stands and 3 scooter ones in that hall, and at least 4/5 of the bikes or more get fired up and run by the owners once a day and then you have a live chat with Steve. It was pretty cool this year.

Stand wise we would be looking at 8x10m or 11x4 so plenty of room for quite a few bikes. Easily 20 with room to spare

I think it would be a good one to do, keeps us sweet with Mortons/Stafford and a good excuse to have a bit if a meet up early in the year. (Baby permitting for me)

What do we think?

Accomodation would have to be local hotel (premier inn over road) or possibly some local oss'ers would be accomodating? Our lass will ask about camping on site (for the brave) or motorhomes.

• Like 4

Ok everyone,we need to get bikes for this event,they don’t need to be mint or even running,we may even put some project bikes on the stand to show what we are up to building wise,it’ll be our first time at Newark and I would like to show them what OSS is all about, so please comment on here if you are interested,you don’t need to commit now just let me know you are interested so we can have an idea of bikes for the stand.

6 hours ago, Paulm said:

Ok everyone,we need to get bikes for this event,they don’t need to be mint or even running,we may even put some project bikes on the stand to show what we are up to building wise,it’ll be our first time at Newark and I would like to show them what OSS is all about, so please comment on here if you are interested,you don’t need to commit now just let me know you are interested so we can have an idea of bikes for the stand.

I could have various options by then Paul let me know :tu

• 1 month later...

Alright everyone,I’m starting to organise the stand for the Newarke Show,we will be in a hall where the bikes can be ran, you may get picked out to take your bike up and fire it up for everyone to hear and be interviewed about it,this does not mean you have to do it or your bike has to be complete or running to be on our stand. I will give you until the first of November to put yourself forward and then a decision will be made as to who is going and we will inform you via a PM as we normally do,so come on let’s be having you!:)(y)

Edited by Paulm