750j/k to 750wp swingarm swap

• caferacerdan changed the title to 750j/k to 750wp swingarm swap

You need the rear caliper hanger for the WP arm, as there's no torque arm to it. I was under the impression you'd also need the caliper to suit, but this may not be the case. Try the J/K caliper first. Just re-read your post. Yours is WP, mine must've been WN (banana). If the 'arm has no slot for the hanger to locate, maybe you will be able to use all your brake 'gubbins'?

Edited by Swiss Toni
Speed reading posts. Slow down!!!

Rf calipers work as they use the same mount. You also need the linkage and dog bones. I believe. Doing this swap myself. The arm is alot wider at the wheel end so unless you use the water boiler wheel (5.5 width) and the matching spacers you may need to make some for your wheel to work. 

I'm wanting to find a multi spoke wheel to try and match my r1 front end if any one knows of anything.

2 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

You need the rear caliper hanger for the WP arm, as there's no torque arm to it. I was under the impression you'd also need the caliper to suit, but this may not be the case. Try the J/K caliper first. Just re-read your post. Yours is WP, mine must've been WN (banana). If the 'arm has no slot for the hanger to locate, maybe you will be able to use all your brake 'gubbins'?

Think Caferacerdan got a little mixed up in his arms when he mentioned a wp arm (which is a banana not braced) WR and onwards have the braced arms. Braced arm models use the same caliper as slingshot held by a torque bar which is attached to the bottom of the swingarm.

I did an 1100 braced arm in an 1127K which is similar. It was a long time ago, think I used the slingshot wheel (1127L) and its spacers in the braced arm. I used the w/c dogbones with the 1127K knuckle, and sleeved the pivot bolt using w/c sleeves glued to the k sleeves.

This maybe right to 132331182405 then you need dog bones and the sleeves from your swingarm and some form of crush tube between the 2 as iirc the 1 from your arm will not slide into the water boiler arm. 

None of the mention parts are mine. And I am in no way saying they are the exact ones you may need.

Cheers jon.

10 hours ago, caferacerdan said:

definitely meant that braced type wr arm, I can find an arm atm but cant find a knuckle, dogbones or any spindle/brake mount parts about on eblag.

Not sure whether its worth it currently

Knuckle and dog bones are identical in geometry to the j/k parts. Need to make up a few simple spacers to make the  j/k kbuckle work with the wr arm.

Doing this swap on mine at the moment but I was lucky enough to find a complete rear end.

29 minutes ago, Jdeac1981 said:

@dupersuncin picture of the nuckle I posted from underneath. Does it look right at the shock fork? There seems to be a slight gap either side between the nuckle and fork.

I think so. There's a sleeve through the bearing that is wider than the alloy part of the knuckle.  See if you can find a parts fiche on line to check.

18 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

no they don't. SRAD and later (up to 2004) do.

Maybe it's with the 1100 calipers. Looked the same as a slingshot one as it mounted the same way via torque arm. As I said it was a long time ago that I did the mod so memory is a little hazy. ;)