New member ahoy

Nate

Hello all, just picked up a new project and a friend directed me to this forum. It's my second Suzuki after a brief stint riding a nice little GS500 after I passed my test.

The project is a Hard Up hardtail frame with a GSX1100 EZ lump fitted. It came with the donor frame and loom but little else - I'll be picking everyone's brains about parts compatibility and electronics soon!

IMG_20170714_191822.thumb.jpg.005d18ea98796d49ac9246b711fb4d85.jpgIMG_20170714_191843.thumb.jpg.676c02f0a5bb166443f73b1962190bd6.jpg

Edited by Nate
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, wraith said:

Sounds like a good idea, if your OK a wiring, I'd start from scratch. May be quicker/esayer. ;)

That might be worth a shout...can't find this plug anywhere in the diagram and it looks to me like an ECU plug or something?IMG_20170715_211108.thumb.jpg.c71d02862c4f610f23038f6e4c7f7b52.jpg

6 hours ago, no class said:

that plug goes to the clocks / speedo /cluster / gauges/ or whatever they are called these days....and appears to be the harness from a gs1150  .....oh , welcome aboard !

gs 1150.jpg

Brilliant mate thanks very much, it was doing my head in! Is it worth trying to adapt this loom do you think? Or just punt it and buy the right one?

2 hours ago, teltwosheds said:

Hmm, HUC frame, stay away from speed bumps ;). Oh, and welcome :)

Oh I'm used to avoiding speed bumps, I'm a fan of idiotically low cars myself lol. Cheers

2 hours ago, no class said:

Seeing how you are going minimalist on this bike..... best to make a loom without all the bells and whistles.....you could keep the one you have and remove all the non-essentials.

That was my intention...so if I go down this route, would the ECU (CDI? Ignitor?) from any 82-83 GSX1100 work? The ones I see for sale don't mention a model number, only the years.

Sorry for the pop quiz, I just don't want to waste any of my bike budget!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Nate said:

That was my intention...so if I go down this route, would the ECU (CDI? Ignitor?) from any 82-83 GSX1100 work? The ones I see for sale don't mention a model number, only the years.

Sorry for the pop quiz, I just don't want to waste any of my bike budget!

Use a dynatek ignition, wont need the CDI etc then and will minimalise your wiring  to absolute bare bones.....

• Like 1