Slabbies and why we need them....

Quick test ride and all seems good stops,goes and handles as well as before only thing left is the leaking head gasket which will be sorted when I check the valves in a couple of weeks time.Leaving the lower fairing off until then just to save time,looks ok for now.

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Well time to cure the oil leak so while the cam cover was off thought I'd  check the valves,a little adjustment was all that was needed.

Road test completed and no leaks and definitely picked up cleaner from low revs.

Refitted the fairings and gave her a clean all ready for the mot now and back on the road running well for the first time since last August:banana:

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

28 minutes ago, Maggo said:

Great looking bike - got the same color scheme on a 1100 in my shed. Spare parts in good condition are hard to find. Is the Eagle system build for slabbies?

Thanks-yes the Eagle is for slabbies think you can still buy them direct from Speed Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Also found the new headlight seal I had put safe.... somewhere so whipped the light unit out and gave it a good clean then fitted the new seal and taped into place to let the adhesive set.

Cleaned the plastic with washing up liquid in the sink and gave the chrome on the lights and the glass a good polish,came up good and look like new now.

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

Edited by Simbec1863

So no jobs to do for now just get some miles on the old girl,treated her to a shine with some uber wax and a new tank full of super unleaded.Mot due in the next few weeks so should be good to go now.

Considering the paint is 30 years old it came up quite well a few cracks in the tank lacquer and a bit of yellowing on some of the white decals but looks ok in the photo,still original which is ok for me:)

IMG_0296.JPG

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...