Everything you want to know about Donington 6th-8th of May but were afraid to ask..

KATANAMANGLER

40 minutes ago, vizman said:

i can possibly see why you're disappointed if you feel some form of entitlement, some you win, some you loose. i wish we had the room to stick every oss bike on there.

Pointless choice of words Viz as I've not made any mention of "entitlement" and when was there a "competition"for a bike to be on the stand?.

i was the sixth to reply to the original thread and was then invited to have my bike on the stand further to that I made arrangements for the weekend ........probably better that you pm before replying again

• Like 1

i guess there has been a communication break down...i wasn't aware you had been invited to have your bike on the stand....

...i guess i thought you were using it on the track day....i'll check my facts in future....i never mentioned 'competition'....if i had you came 6th.

I'm not trying to course  trouble Rossco, Minx and KM are trying to grab more space....i read your post as if you had unwarranted  'entitement' issues, for that i may be wrong, if so i will apologise. 

Everybody calm down. I have 3 OSS bikes and none of them are on stand. 

I have hundreds  of hours of my spare time and hundreds of my hard earned pounds wrapped up the site too but I'm just content that I'm going to be there and that's the main thing. Let's not take the shine off of things with any silly pish.

We have word from the orginisers that we might get more space and we might get some extra tickets so it's a moving feast.

We have a second stand at Donington in August so we can rotate anyone who we cant fit onto that when it happens.

If we had unlimited space we wouldn't be having this discussion but that is where we are so let's not fall out about it.

It's a sign of our success that we have the luxury of choice so it is good thing to rotate bikes in and out of the stand.

• Like 1

It looks like a good selection on show...I guess there is no reason why others couldn't 'join forces' as it were,outside in the parking/camping area that way spectators get to see even more of what OSS has to offer.We even may convert some people too lol.

Can I just add a big thanks to all those who have organised this...It occurs to me that all i have had to do is sit here and type a few words and send some electronic money,not hard but a damn site more involved for you guys,cheers (y)

• Like 2
Guest YoshiJohnny

the game plan best involve cake.... but not Barry's cake.... that proper fucked me up

4 minutes ago, minx said:

Excellent. Thank you :) Will give you a shout nearer the time with the game plan.

On 11/03/2017 at 4:45 PM, YoshiJohnny said:

Do we know where the bikes are to be displayed? Is it indoors?? It won't be in the "engine room" we use in August....just a concern for leaving overnight...

@YoshiJohnny et all, I spoke to Rob today and he assured me that security would be 24 hour. In addition there will be no van movement after a certain time witbout inspection and sign off by the show orginisers. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

As promised I have spoken to the organisers and the info on attendance for Stand bikes, track days and members are as follows:

Trackday passes 

1. Trackday info will be sent to each  person direct via the email  you supplied to Minx and the passes will be sent via recorded delivery to the addresses you supplied to Minx with your payment. Date hasn't been confirmed yet but they expect it will be around 20th April.  

Show passes

2. Show passes will be sent to me at the same time via recorded delivery. I will send these out to those showing their bike on the stand. So I need your name and address by PM.

Track day access and camping

3.  CBT said trackdayers will be in Paddock3 with their vans / vehicles. Tents won't be able to be put up as it's a mix of tarmac and gravel - so these will need to go in the Free camping area in Park Farm. If the guys are sleeping in their vans they're welcome to stay in the paddock,  If they are bringing a caravan as well, they're welcome to keep the caravan in the paddock and move the van to the car park as space will be at a premium so we really hope everyone will co-operate with this on the day.  All this info will be in the PDF we email out.

Show participant camping

4. CBT said the camping area for all show participants is in the free camping area we've hired from Park Farm which will be signposted.  Can you let us know how many of your guys want to camp, or if any are staying at a B&B?  We'll send you a camping wristband for each owner displaying a bike.  This area does not have hook-up but the guys are welcome to 'upgrade' by booking with Park Farm directly if they wish. http://parkfarmhouse.co.uk/caravan-site/

Members camping and tickets

5. If you are coming to the show as a visitor you need to buy your ticket here

Visiting club members can arrange camping at Park Farm too, but they will need to book it.  Details as above.

I think this covers everything.

• Like 2