B12 bst36's on a 1127 powerscreen

Charlie

Ok excellent cheers guys thanks for that, will give the 36's ago for now as already have them.. Its currently running a custom 4-2-1 exhaust velocity stacks with fine mesh gauze (due to space, powerscreen engine in the wrong frame ;-) ) stage 3 jet kit  bst34's, compression ratio upped to 13:1 with dialled in cams... Currently making 117 rwhp & 75ft/lbs.. Any idea on gains with 36's??? 

Edited by Charlie
Grammar

Your bike is only producing standard type power, they should produce more than tat with more compression and freer flowing, calibrated carbs - is the exhaust restrictive ? Yours should be into the 120s and with compression that high torque should be bumped up to over 80 lb/ft. How much of a boost depends on what's keeping the power lower than expected at present  - could be just a low reading dyno I suppose.

I've seen a few 1100F engines pumping out over 120 with very few mods , P.Bikes had one with 36mm carbs (in GSXR750L)in the mid 90's that put out 124hp and that was with a Motad exhaust , not a high performance one, with  no other mods.

A good header and collector section is a must for good power Charlie and after that a 50/51mm (id) link section / baffle seems to work well. The 1100F wasn't shy on the power front, it wasn't restricted like the GSXR1100L,M,N,(restrictive silencers) but the smaller carbs knocked some hp off the top and with slightly softer cams getting 130+hp isn't easy as on the R's.

I'll see if I can look out that article tomorrow - John Robbo enjoyed the 7/1100f

• Like 1

Totally agree, said powerscreen engine is actually in a 1982 Gurls blouse cb750 frame with bandit running gear brakes etc.. 

Mainly used for hill climbs hence not wanting to lose any low/mid range, does however have a day time MOT so occasionally used on the road.. 

image.jpeg

• Like 6
13 hours ago, Charlie said:

Totally agree, said powerscreen engine is actually in a 1982 Gurls blouse cb750 frame with bandit running gear brakes etc.. 

Mainly used for hill climbs hence not wanting to lose any low/mid range, does however have a day time MOT so occasionally used on the road.. 

image.jpeg

how to make a Gurls blouse better...put a proper motor in it!

• Like 1