Wheel base for road going turbo bikes

Bit of a curiosity question hear. Mainly aimed at slingy framed turbo bikes.

What sort of wheel bases are people running. To not upset the handling or improve the handling on there boosted bikes.

My slingy build currently sits at 140cm spindle to spindle. Rear block is roughly at the centre of its adjustment point.

I've not been active in the project section for ages. But will be very soon. Just been collecting parts etc

13 hours ago, Jdeac said:

So I have another swingarm I can use that's 50mm longer. Would we say this would be a fair compromise??

what power are you planning on running? id say 57 which is stock gsxr1100 wheelbase is a good middle ground.

55" is standard 750 wheelbase and is lively.

Im working on a 100% road bike which will also be used for something other then straights.I added a  hayabusa swingarm and made that longer.The bike is 100mm over stock. (89 gsxr1100) Feels still fine at roundabouts and stuff. Of course never so nimble as a modern 1000. Im in the process of tuning the bike, let you know how it feels under boost.

9 hours ago, peter1127 said:

Feels still fine at roundabouts and stuff. Of course never so nimble as a modern 1000. Im in the process of tuning the bike, let you know how it feels under boost.

Both my'n handle really well in twistys but if you want to play with modern super bikes with decent riders on board the trick is to keep the bike on boost :D :tu

• Like 3

So my set up is a 91 slingy frame. Choice of 750 or 1100 top braced swingers, k10/l0 bpf forks. In harros world endurance yokes. Which are adjustable. Pla. On an ohlins rear shock and possibly uprated fork internals.

Currently at the 140cm with the 750 swinger

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Loudpipes said:

I've got standard wheelbase for a L model what's everyone useing gearing wise I'm thinking 16/44 

Running 16/42 and 16/43 this loads the turbo and engine making them work rather than just spinning the back wheel and wheeling every where, of course this is still possible running these settings :pimp:

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2024 at 7:43 PM, Loudpipes said:

I've got a renthal 44 alloy rear sprocket but wonder if a steel one would be better ???

I now only use Supersprox on mine, they make steel teeth sprockets riveted to an aluminium rotor, very good value/quality/lightweight and of course they take custom orders (for example here a Ducati 749 rim for my 1100R, standard sprockets off the shelf for those stop at around 40 teeth)

IMG-20231020-WA0003.jpg

And to run proper gearing on a slabside rim with 1127 engine i needed to have one made

IMG-20240305-081407.jpg

Edited by Joseph
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...