Fuel Injection swap

Qwik

1 hour ago, Qwik said:

I have an 05 Bandit 1200.  Just scored a wrecked 1250 with FI.  Anybody ever swapped the FI over to the carb’d model? Is it possible or a nightmare?

@davecarais doing that swap I believe, the biggest issue is the combination of inlet rubbers to get everything to line up. Other than physically fitting stuff from the 1250 it's a matter of using the ecu and sensors from the 1250 and sorting out the associated wiring.

The one I'm doing (which is on hold at the moment) is with stand alone ecu, sensors etc.

• Like 2

It’s 100%possible. I’ve jammed gsxr1000 Tb’s into the stock 750L boots… but going forward I’m going to try CF reinforced nylon 3d printed intakes. I have some mocked up for a 600can-o-tuna that will fit gsxr600 tb’s. 

in the picture- rubber boot is far left. Gen1 printed manifold in the middle. And first trial boot is on the right. I’ve got all 4 printed up and modified the spacing for perfect alignment with my new TB’s

There are lots of great ways to convert your bike to FI!

68342265440__E2CBB13B-5A38-4E62-A251-12FF840C60DF.jpeg

On 9/1/2023 at 8:16 PM, davecara said:

Mines on standalone, I might try a 1250 ecu though i I can score one cheap enough. I don’t know what security is in them though, if they need the clocks/chipped keys or anything like that 

Plus if they are anything like Busa engines, the crank position sensor is 'keyed' to  the flywheel / rotor and there is a cam position sensor as well. All the info from these has to be at the right time / position else the ECU gets confused or won't work at all if one is missing! And there are very limited tuning avenues so you are pretty much stuck with stock fueling and ignition! Standalone's offer sooooooo much more flexibility and functionality - cheaper in the long run!

58 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Plus if they are anything like Busa engines, the crank position sensor is 'keyed' to  the flywheel / rotor and there is a cam position sensor as well. All the info from these has to be at the right time / position else the ECU gets confused or won't work at all if one is missing! And there are very limited tuning avenues so you are pretty much stuck with stock fueling and ignition! Standalone's offer sooooooo much more flexibility and functionality - cheaper in the long run!

There’s no cam sensor on the 1250 if I remember right, the throttle bodies have 2 map sensors on so I assume it uses a vac signal off the inlet on No1 for its ‘cam sensor I might be full of shit though, memory’s a bit fuzzy

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...