Stator Rotor Air Gap 1980 GSX1100ET

ral

Can’t find any spec for this in the workshop manual, 

As far as I’m aware the stator size can be 101mm or 103mm

This I would have thought would mean the rotor would also have two internal dimensions.

But what would or should be the air gap??

Anybody know this????

I thought the 2 diameters for GSX air cooled engine stators are 93mm and 102mm, with matching rotors to suit ?

Also, i once got caught out by a non charging system because on an identical diameter of stators, the number of poles didn't match the number of magnets on the rotor, but it's been a while so thats the best i can remember.

So here’s the problem, as Toni says the gap is fixed, however this clearly depends on the inside diameter of the Rotor and the Outside diameter of the stator, the new Stator/Generator is 103mm and as listed by Electrex world for 1980 gsx1100, the inside diameter of the rotor is 104.4mm, the Stator will fit inside the Rotor but I suspect there will be contact one I fire up the motor as there will no doubt be some runout between the two, the air gap seems to be too small in my humble opinion.

The old stator however is also 103mm but looks to have been running or making contact with the magnets on inside of the rotor.

New on the right.

2A26E3C9-6D33-4D82-B1B0-E58224575787.jpeg

9So here’s the problem, as Toni says the gap is fixed, however this clearly depends on the inside diameter of the Rotor and the Outside diameter of the stator, the new Stator/Generator is 103mm and as listed by Electrex world for 1980 gsx1100, the inside diameter of the rotor is 104.4mm, the Stator will fit inside the Rotor but I suspect there will be contact one I fire up the motor as there will no doubt be some runout between the two, the air gap seems to be too small in my humble opinion.

The old stator however is also 103mm but looks to have been running or making contact with the magnets on inside of the rotor.

C275F4E7-E5F8-4EDA-A178-73B8A1E0C909.jpeg