What kind of PSI Oil Pressure? GsX / GSF

If you are talking Aircooled GSX and oil cooled GSF (ie Blandit?) then no they aren't the same - in fact radically different! A stock GSX oil pressure will be 10 - 15psi (maybe) hot, often lower whilst a oil boiler will seldom drop below 40 - 50 psi hot, when cold they'll often be 80 + psi. Its all about the bearings - ball and rollers Vs shell types!

On 6/8/2023 at 12:39 PM, BikeJake said:

My apologies that was a mis communication.. 

I meant all oil burners... 

So if I figure for rads and lines that can reduced temps by upto 50 degrees and stand 120 PSI... I should be good for a high compression cammed engine? 

nobody, anywhere, ever, complained that an oilcooled suzuki engine was deficient in oil flow, oil pressure or lubrication.

20 minutes ago, wraith said:

Why do you need to reduce the temp by 50° that would mean the engine is always running nearly cold? 

Maybe he's murican and thus refers to antiquated units of measurement: e.g. a reduction from 120 to 100 C is a 36 degree reduction in F.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Dezza said:

Maybe he's murican and thus refers to antiquated units of measurement: e.g. a reduction from 120 to 100 C is a 36 degree reduction in F.

7 minutes ago, wraith said:

Well I suppose we are Oldskool xD

Hi bio says Hampshire, not whether it's the old or new variety....:D

• Like 2