Lower case removal

Jdeac

Undercutting helps the dogs 'lock in' when under power and most OEM gears have a degree of undercut but when racing it can be insufficient. An engine builder / transmission shop should be able to do the work which is fairly precise to match angles between gears and around the dogs so they all contact at same time. That dog ring does seem somewhat battered / worn out. I'm not strong into gearboxes - to many iddy biddy pieces so I leave it to peeps who know better!

16 hours ago, Jdeac said:

Correct but I'm unsure what year. 

As the K had the better "IMO" coil spring clutch 9_9  so from the pics you posted i,d say its an 1100L motor ...:tu

Normal 2nd and 5th carnage ........The Gears on later M , N models had a better undercut on the gears ...

You can mix and match gear,s from all the 1127 & 1157 motors "well i have" i think the water boilers use the same box as well 

It's worth checking on robinsons site as the gears sometimes pop up on sale...and i've bought good complete gearbox,s of ebog for not much $$  :pimp:

• Like 1