Lower case removal

Jdeac

Hi all. Could some shed some light on the lower engine case removal. I'm sure there was a Wright up about it somewhere. 

I've never done anything like this before. So something to have on the screen whilst doing it would be helpful. 

Also am I going to need any special tools.

Work bench is clear and ready to go. 2 engine mounts and engine is out ready also

Cheers all

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1053286/Suzuki-2005-Gsf1200.html?page=110#manual

I know thats B12 but the procedure is the same. Dont be tempted to use a pry bar to split cases. Once ALL the fixings are out they'll split easy enough. Just be mega careful not to drop the crank shells or get any grit/shite on them. You want to be operating theater clean, dont be tempted to wipe the shells either, leave them be. 

As CC said, easier to remove the clutch assy and the front sprocket while the engines in situ but a dugga dugga should still get them off. make sure youve got JIS screwdrivers to get the screws on the bearing retaining plates out inside the clutch housing, Impact would be better.

Dont lose the little twagger that the oil pump drive gear sits on either if you go that far.

Take loads of photos as youre doing it so you dont get the selector forks the wrong way around when it goes back together.

Brake cleaner aerosols are your friend

So is blue roll not kitchen towel as it leaves lint everywhere

take your time

Pick the phone up if you get stuck (y)

• Like 2

Suzuki have provided built-in indentations in the case in which to hold captive an M6 nut (or M8, I can't remember). This enables the cases to be split easily and with care using an appropriate sized bolt. Just slowly tighten each bolt and the cases come apart without the need for screwdriver butchery.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Jdeac said:

Can I leave the dyna ignition plate in place and just remove the lower fixing screw and oil pressure lead???

Probably. But it’s just something else you’ll have to keep an eye on when you’re re-assembling it. Take it off. And don’t forget the long Allen bolt above the clutch. You need to remove the blanking plug above to get at it. 

1 hour ago, Jdeac said:

Gsxr 1100. But it's part of the lockup 

A later one - M or N, if its got a diaphragm spring clutch. I thought the aluminium backplate was retained by the big 50mm sleeve nut? Could be wrong though as only took a std M clutch apart to fit a proper spring clutch and lock-up LOL!