Early blandit clutch

paddle

6 hours ago, wraith said:

B12 basket with gsxr600 k4 hub etc like in my gsx1157et and @370steve have done, he.did it first ;)

I've compared the pictures of the 600 hub and its different the raised center hub on mine is bigger  diameter.also the bike has stood for 15 years + so unlikely to be a k4 item. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

we know the bandit is a parts bin special and being the "unicorn pre production bike" they would of used whatever they could lay their hands on till the final setup was reached, thats my thinking O.o 

So logic then says they'd have used end of the line oily GSXR bits not totally new parts not produced for another 5 years in the future LOL! Search me - looks converted!

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

we know the bandit is a parts bin special and being the "unicorn pre production bike" they would of used whatever they could lay their hands on till the final setup was reached, thats my thinking O.o 

This sounds like a sensible interpretation of the pre-production 'build'of the resulting parts bin lash up so beloved as a donor machine :). With 'parts bin' loosely interpreted to consist of 'use the old oil cooled bits we have lying about and then make some more on the cheap by not having to go through the really expensive process of tooling up to make totally new bits.'

39 minutes ago, Dezza said:

This sounds like a sensible interpretation of the pre-production 'build'of the resulting parts bin lash up so beloved as a donor machine :). With 'parts bin' loosely interpreted to consist of 'use the old oil cooled bits we have lying about and then make some more on the cheap by not having to go through the really expensive process of tooling up to make totally new bits.'

yeah, i do know that Suzuki where struggling with sales in the 90's so they had to use what ever they had to hand and make the rest on the cheap, hence the bandits that helped them out of a rut. i know a lot of you guys dont like em but they sold thousands of them and it helped save the company. i think they are a great bike but thats just my opinion. 

• Like 2