.... and another project....

I'd like to widen the frame enough to take a GSX14 arm and a 6" wheel so I can run any tyre / chain combo with plenty of clearance. I'd like stock ET bodywork. 

In reality, nothing is set in stone.  I have a heap of ET parts with a half done 1370 kit, Busa wheels, a complete Bandit 12 and a GSXR1100G (minus engine) I'm happy to use.  I'm going to do some measuring and have a chat to a few folk about cutting the frame. 

Going to look into how much work is involved in cutting and widening the frame by approx 14mm across the swingarm area. To take a stock GSX1400 swingarm and have more chain clearance.  Similar to what 370Steve has done on his but aim for an extra couple of mm.

Im not sure if its been done before? There may be a good reason why not! 

Talk to Lynton Tony, his jig table would be right up that sort of alley - or take it to Nick at NiCom down at logan-ish.

And if you see another GSX750 frame for $100 let me know (or an Slabby 750 frame!)

I think NiCom have shut up and gone. Been chatting with Lynton on ASF. He has 4 Zed frames to do on the new jig then mine might be next.

No 750 slabbie frames, but I did get this roller as it is for $200 (£80) off Bob on ASF...

image.jpg

• Like 3

I think NiCom have shut up and gone. Been chatting with Lynton on ASF. He has 4 Zed frames to do on the new jig then mine might be next.

No 750 slabbie frames, but I did get this roller as it is for $200 (£80) off Bob on ASF...

image.jpg

Bugger about Nicom - he was much better to deal with than Dave Kellet.

Would love a slabby 750, but an 1100 would work too - what's your plan for it?