Always wanted one, got one yesterday

A GT550 that is, and have trawled around looking for a nice one. This was completely restored a few years ago, virtually every component replaced with NOS stuff, inc std exhausts etc.

Lovely piece of kit, off to get it MoT'd today.

These pics were taken before it got attacked by a tube of Solvol last night, looks a different bike now.

GeeTee.JPG

GT550 2.JPG

GT550.JPG

• Like 3

It is very tidy, and the latest outlet for my OCD. Shiny this, stainless that, but bugger me it sups some fuel. Done more miles in a couple of weeks than its done in as many years, three tankfuls of fuel in 210 miles........... Wouldn't want to go touring on it away from main roads dotted with 24 hour service stations.

• 2 weeks later...

In a few years time, when the exhausts have rotted out, along with the other bright work.......it'll no doubt end up being fitted with spannies etc.

The best thing about 2-strokes is the 'zorsts last forever.....(my '79 X7 still has it's '80 Allspeed spannies on)

It's a nice one! Had a nice standard blue one in about '82 (when you could buy them for £200) and promptly fell off, lashed it back together and painted it black, fell off again and flogged it for a onner.