1100 to 6 Speed Box conversion ?

Yes it can be done, it's not straight forward and not a easy job to do, I've been told a lot of pissing with bearings etc, I think you can find it in Frankenstein pages on how to ;) if you think about it, your putting more power through smaller bearings and thinner gears.

I'd just change the sprockets for what you want.

The stock 5speed ratio spacing are crap unless you want to go touring.

1st 2nd and 3rd are too close 3rd 4th and 5th too far apart.  The 6speed ratios are much better for performance.

You use the 1100 bearings in the conversion so no issue there, though there is a little faffing about, and you need to drill one of the shafts for the clutch push rod. None of it is that tricky.

Yes the 750 gears are potentially weaker.

ha ha going other way building a 1052 out of a 750 case this is a five speed in the 750 case the output shaft bearing is 19mm compared to the 750 17mm but slots straight in

second photo with the 750 driven shaft laid over with the same dimension shaft for the clutch

Both have push rod through the driven shaft

the five speed is from a gsxf1100 @1998

I had thought about keeping the 6 speed talking to my dyno guy he has a mate using 6 speeds on an 1100 and has gone through 3 boxes so far recons only good fir up to @ 140 hp

problem solved for me when opened case very bad worn doggies so 5 speed it is

But other wise choose the right parts and easy peasy

WP_20190430_17_39_53_Pro.jpg

WP_20190430_17_40_31_Pro.jpg

oops BTW that's a gsxf 750 gear shaft

Edited by Lachie04