Fried fuse box

Not surprised something melted - you've got two 15A, one 20A and two 10A's in there - they are all supposed to be 10A's!

Taking that connector wrapped in masking tape as an example, i'd reckon you've got deeper electrical issues to sort first - its why the correct

rating fuses are needed, they pop - not melt and start fires due to carrying excessive load!

• Like 1

As already said if you have a loose connection it can cause arcing and melt stuff. I had a loose fuse holder on my LC and it got hot enough to melt the solder holding the fuse wire in the fuse. Took ages to find the fault as the fuse looked fine but didn't make connection.

Well checked the recently added Dyna coils for shorts found nothing checked the headlight bulbs and found a 90/100 watt lurking in the near side one duely swapped for the correct item popped a replacement fuse box in and after a 100 mile round trip to the SSC on Saturday everything appears to be as it should so fingers crossed for the next miles and thanks for all the comments ;)