New bearing loose in wheel

Is it fecked? 

When rear 750L wheels axles done up tight, theres play in it.

Both new wheel bearings seem to go in much too easily.  The old ones fell out

Must be the internal face of the wheel is worn and external diameter of the bearing is too small to Get the tight fit. They are 6204rs.

Anybody had a bad wheel? 

It's going to need attention. If in doubt take it to someone who has more knowledge to look at as a high speed bearing failure could spoil your day entirely. A worn housing can be fixed. I am having a magnesium wheel with the same problem done at the moment. Alternatively, stock GSXR wheels aren't exactly expensive secondhand.

3 hours ago, bluedog59 said:

It amazes me the amount of people who whack bearings in and out cold. Warm the hub before you remove or fit bearings (boiling water is often enough and kinder to paint than a flame ) and stick bearings in the freezer in a sealed bag for 15 mins before you fit them. 

This is the method I use, works a treat every time.

22 hours ago, richyrich said:

Even freezing bearings overnight they are a tight fit in a warm wheel.  I guess that bust one used to belong to bluedog  :v Old wheel back in, with tyre swapped over, spare new bearings in shed. 

Nope, never had one go loose on me. Maybe that's because I warm the housing and chill the bearing. 

• Like 1