New zorst for my GS1000

Well, after trying to get hold of Delkevic and no reply I decided to plump and get one. Bought a stainless steel system consisting of down pipes and 4 into 1 link pipe - but as I did not like the end can they did, I bought it without that (I'm looking around to get one separately which I like, although a bit of a pain given the diameter, as below).
Looks like not a bad system, all stainless including the springs,collets and clamps ;)
The link pipe is 64mm diam and the headers are 35mm diam, so not a performance system, but a good replacement. Haven't fired up the engine yet, so will update performance and jetting etc as and when.

bigun%200715%203_zpsbmn5cqdo.jpg

big%20un%200715_zps2wylvbj9.jpg

Hope to get an end can from the Bay, so will put pic of that when it gets here and I have fitted it :)

• Like 2

£10 delivery ,,they're only up the road from me  it isnt worth the hassle to get the OSS postal service involved at that price ....will it fit an EFE engined Katana ..... @KATANAMANGLER  or is a blandit 1200 a better option .

If their only up road from you kenty give them a ring and see if they'll help out with a trial fit before purchase :D

• Like 1

That's really tidy. Mind if I ask £?

It was £169 from the bay, delivered. As to end can, hadn't thought of DB killers but I was thinking of a Pro Race slash cut. I'm going to go and have a look at some DB killers now ;)

Do DB killers affect back pressure, jetting or any other relevant factors more than an open race can/shash cut? It'll be a very short secondary/link pipe, obviously. (It's on a GS1000 1100 standard-compression bore with ported head, gsxr34mm carbs.)

Cheers all.

Edited by wraith
he's a dyslexic twit!
  • Like 1

Just got a Pro-race end can orderd and they are moding the can to sut the 64mm link pipe and welding a tab on it so I can bolt it the the bike all for the same cash £54 :)
I will post a pic of it when it gets here and when it's on the bike ;)

• Like 1

that looks sharp. is that their 78-80 1000 header?

I am looking at that for my 82 1100e because I am not a fan of the vance and hines style pipe they offer for mine. haven't pulled the trigger yet as I am not sure if it will fit.

Yes it's the 78-80 GS1000 headers, they do a Marshall type end can for them but I did not like that styal.

Here's a pic of the Pro race end can I've now got, not fully bolted up yet.

bigun%20zorst%200815_zpsblzewn2f.jpg

• Like 1