oil pan temp sensor

zookrick

• 2 months later...

I installed the sensor yesterday. I thought of using loctite, but with all the oil on the threads I didnt think it would do any good. Being able to use a torque wrench on it would ease my mind but not possible with the sensor sticking out.

Really nice to be able to see what temp the engine is running at. I wired in some fans on the cooler so when I get stuck in traffic I can turn them on and cool it down and not barbeque my oil.

The Japanese Yoshi site has the threads sizes listed for the recommended point for temp senders for their gauge.  IIRC it was a Type A sensor which was M14 1.25mm from memory (this was used for a sump plug on the later models). I think the  Type A is used on the earlier models in one of the side points ..

Hang on a sec .... here you go!

http://www.yoshimura-jp.com/en/products/electrical/progress-suzuki.php

If you notice temp getting high are you going park it on side of the road. Ive always wondered why bother with high compression motors as soon as you stop they hot so have plan journeys carefully. If you tune need add extra coolers plenty of documentation from back in the day.

Ive ridden italy back with high tuned motor you can feel it straight away as it gets hot, just gotta turn it off.

The problem for me is traffic jams in the summer that you have to go through to get anywhere decent. I was in a bit of one a couple days ago, the temp gauge showed 110C I turned on my cooling fans and it never got any hotter than that.

How hot oil temp is too hot so that the oil cooks itself and breaks down?

2 hours ago, zookrick said:

The problem for me is traffic jams in the summer that you have to go through to get anywhere decent. I was in a bit of one a couple days ago, the temp gauge showed 110C I turned on my cooling fans and it never got any hotter than that.

How hot oil temp is too hot so that the oil cooks itself and breaks down?

110 with Fan that is interesting but adding fan adds weight to bike thats bad. O.o