B12 upgrades?

ziggy

Would 750w carbs, 750m cams and ti k2 downpipes combo help liven up a blandit lump? Got bits lying about so thought I may as well use them. Would probably use either pods or socks and do away with airbox too. Pretty sure pipes and cams will work ok, not sure on the carbs though. Any help / info appreciated. Cheers

Just fit a gsxr1100k/l inlet cam,the ex cam on the b12 is already the same as 11k/l.(Edited as i got it the wrong way around :) ).
Gsxr1000k1-4 Ti headers work really well.I had them on my 1100k,with a Carbon Can Company 1000k5 link pipe and Micron can.There is no need to use heat when fitting when fitting them(some people use it), i just pulled them into place(they are quite flexible) :)

DSC00270.JPG

DSC00271.JPG

Edited by Del
  • Like 2

The W carbs from WP - WS can be made to fit by using a different combination of inlet rubbers, I haven't done this, but the info is out there.

As JD says, you can't use the shim head cams, different set-up, twice the lobes etc.  You can get good gains even from just using an 1100 inlet cam (not M/N though), or 750J/K.

The 1988 - 1997 GSX750F head is very similar to the R750 J/K, so might be worth a shot, would give higher compression, with same size valves, they should be cheap. Those early teapots only made about 5hp less than the Rs, due to less aggressive cams, but even those cams are hairier than the Bandits' - just for possibilities . . .

• Like 1

Would whole 750m head fit then? Don't plan to buy any upgrades - just thought bits I have would fit.

So ok for exhaust and carbs. I have both b12 and 750w rubbers so that won't be a problem. Am I right thinking b12 are 34mm and 750w 38mm? 

5 hours ago, ziggy said:

Would whole 750m head fit then? Don't plan to buy any upgrades - just thought bits I have would fit.

So ok for exhaust and carbs. I have both b12 and 750w rubbers so that won't be a problem. Am I right thinking b12 are 34mm and 750w 38mm? 

The only 750 heads that fit the 11/12's are the 88/89 gsxr750j/k and 89-97 gsx750f  dot heads(same size valves as the 1100's,steeper inlet ports and smaller combustion chambers,higher c/r). Which has already been said,but i didn't notice until now O.o

B12 use the bst36ss and the gsxr750l-ws use the bst38ss(750l/m use  powerjet ones) :)

Edited by Del
On 17/06/2016 at 5:09 PM, Del said:

Just fit a gsxr1100k/l inlet cam,the ex cam on the b12 is already the same as 11k/l.(Edited as i got it the wrong way around :) ).
Gsxr1000k1-4 Ti headers work really well.I had them on my 1100k,with a Carbon Can Company 1000k5 link pipe and Micron can.There is no need to use heat when fitting when fitting them(some people use it), i just pulled them into place(they are quite flexible) :)

Was there any particular reason you used the k5 link pipe? I know the OEM k4 one has a valve but was that the only reason?

1 hour ago, fish91 said:

Was there any particular reason you used the k5 link pipe? I know the OEM k4 one has a valve but was that the only reason?

Long(ish) strory :)

I originally had a standard srad600 with art bolt-on end can,but could only get 92bhp(bigcc dyno.I came second at the OSS no bullshit dyno shootout)out of it ,but i wanted over 100bhp(i could have fitted a 750 engine,but that was too easy.It later got a Rhencullen tuned 750 = 134bhp). Later on PDF Paint Paul sprayed it for me in the Punisher theme. Then PP sold me his 1000k2 full system with Remus can,so I fitted the full system(with the butterfly valve open it made roughly 94bhp,I can't rememeber exactly).
Streetfighters035.jpg

A bit later on we(OSS)had another no bullshit shootout,this time at DynoSpeed Developments so I arranged to go, hoping to win this time and beat Brian( one day,one day >:( ).So i took out the butterfly valve and set off for DSD,but not before I had lobbed a slip-on ART can into the boot of Gnomes car and secured myself a Carbon Can Company 1000k5 link pipe from Banoffee,to be collected at DSD :)
I did quite a few runs to try and  get over the mythical 100bhp :o With the 1000k2 headers,link pipe(minus butterfly) and remus can,it made 98.2bhp(4hp that butterfly valve strangled),but still not 100bhp :( 
So with sleeves rolled up,I(and Adz) fitted the CCC 1000k5 link pipe and ART slip-on can,popped it on the dyno and it made .............      :banana: 100bhp  :banana:
But DSD Paul thought it would make a tad more,and we hit the staggering heights of 101.02bhp,I was well chuffed :).My little 600 had even made more horsepower than PJ's Gsx1100ez(Snigger).I didn't win the shootout(came second again to Brian),but i did not care,I had 100+bhp 600(that was alot back then).
It was then featured in Streetfighters mag.That was a top photoshoot with Clink :) 
StreetfighterBikeshoot059.jpg

Then I had some personal problems,so i part ex'd it against Sonny's(my brother) slabby and a couple of quid. Sonny fitted the Rhencullen 750 lump(and 600 head,works like fitting a dot head to an 11/1200.It was quick),blew that up9_9,brought another 600,then got quashed by a pikey transit(he nearly died).
In the meantime,I got the 1100k,but was using a stock system(restricted 125bhp import model). I then ended up with the remains of the srads in my garden,so i stuck the 1000k2 headers,ccc 1000k5 link pipe and a micron can onto my 11k,what a difference.It made 136bhp,I was chuffed again :)

Edited by Del
  • Like 2