28 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

There's a plug with a rubber cap on it in the tailpiece under rear set, left hand side. Two of its pins need shorted together, the dash will display any stored error numbers. 

yep where the dealer mode switch plugs into :tu

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

There's a plug with a rubber cap on it in the tailpiece under rear set, left hand side. Two of its pins need shorted together, the dash will display any stored error numbers. 

Cheers mate (y)

• Like 1

Ordered a oil cooler for it then did a bit of reading (should have done the reading first). The turbo boys n girls don't even run an oil cooler it can be blanked off and a restrictor removed from behind the oil filter, happy dayz :D. But for now I will rig it all up standard. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, clivegto said:

Ordered an oil cooler for it then did a bit of reading (should have done the reading first). The turbo boys n girls don't even run an oil cooler it can be blanked off and a restrictor removed from behind the oil filter, happy dayz :D. But for now I will rig it all up standard. 

I was just about to say the same.  Removal of the oil cooler is quite common, it’s the normal thing when fitting a turbo. I know a few bikes locally without one, they run through Aussie summers, run at the drags etc without a drama.  A local lad here did a 60+ mile ride to the strip, ran a high 8, rode home.. turbo Busa’s without the oil cooler.  I was a bit suspicious of how safe it was but the guys I know don’t have dramas. 

Posted (edited)

I’ve been watching, reading, researching for quite a while. There’s a whole heap of options, but I’m currently getting drawn back to the RCC kits. They have a LOT of happy customers and Richard really seems to back up his product.   Being out the back of beyond I don’t have the option of places like BigCC and FastByMe within driving distance.

Gen-1.

https://rccturbos.com/products/current-turbo-kits/suzuki-hayabusa-1999-2007

Gen-2. 

https://rccturbos.com/products/current-turbo-kits/suzuki-hayabusa-2008-2020

Edited by Tony Nitrous
7 hours ago, Tony Nitrous said:

I’ve been watching, reading, researching for quite a while. There’s a whole heap of options, but I’m currently getting drawn back to the RCC kits. They have a LOT of happy customers and Richard really seems to back up his product.   Being out the back of beyond I don’t have the option of places like BigCC and FastByMe within driving distance.

Gen-1.

https://rccturbos.com/products/current-turbo-kits/suzuki-hayabusa-1999-2007

Gen-2. 

https://rccturbos.com/products/current-turbo-kits/suzuki-hayabusa-2008-2020

Interesting sruff thanks for that. I will buy bits and pieces and make the rest myself as I go unless a cheap secondhand kit comes up for sale. 

• Like 1

I think I may have found the cutting out problem the fuel tap was completely blocked solid with crud that had gone hard. There is loads of rust and shit in the bottom of the tank. Took the external fuel pump off which all looks good but it must have been sucking fuel through the return pipe. IMG_20240530_172242.thumb.jpg.027b3d5c2e6732aebff4d3e69316173c.jpg IMG_20240530_172358.thumb.jpg.7e00e5146d3532e4154e282ebba0f223.jpg IMG_20240530_182418.thumb.jpg.14c2d406f17360a705d147f19a0addca.jpg IMG_20240530_182735.thumb.jpg.8d4cd414a1665f08983498b7eb31fcf2.jpg IMG_20240530_185722.thumb.jpg.6c029b0ceb0978d088e60cfe34a1fe75.jpg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, clivegto said:

I think I may have found the cutting out problem the fuel tap was completely blocked solid with crud that had gone hard. There is loads of rust and shit in the bottom of the tank. Took the external fuel pump off which all looks good but it must have been sucking fuel through the return pipe. 

Clive do me a favor and measure the hole centres for the tap please 

2 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

most problems i came across with the busa was fuel related, normally the pump. 

I'll be changing the pump when it goes turbo but hopefully this one will be fine for now so I can ride round on it a bit to get a feel of the bike if that makes sense. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

what does the molasses do Clive, and what is it ? 

Bit like marmite for animals. I'm going to seal the fuel tank up then splosh it about with a big bag full of m8 nuts fresh petrol to remove as much crud as as possible. Then flush it out with water fill it with 50/50 mix of molasses and water. Leave it for 2 weeks turning it every other day. Empty it and save as it can be used again flush with water, dry it out with heat gun then rinse with diesel to stop it flash rusting, this should remove any crud and rust left in the tank :tu

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 5
22 hours ago, clivegto said:

Picture is TTS's external fuel pump replacement B|0d65d0_6a0a03758de84c05af59b7aee3a99b78mv2.thumb.jpg.462b5819ac9d75055b78307bbc50e692.jpg

I was looking at those and similar to use on the 1100G for the injection. Pricey, but you get everything you need in one hit so saves a fair bit of faffing about.