inazuma swing arm swap..

Peterv

Hello Guys

Peter with the most ugly oilcooled bike in the world..lol

Before I start my majer overhaul  , I am (like most of you..;)) hoarding all parts before I start my build..

I was looking at the parts neede changing and noticed the swing arm was a bit , well boooooring  is the word..

I'm sure t does it work as supposed to (strong enough for my purposes) but a bit more street cred could be used..

I'm gonne coat all shiney bits in tuff black anyway , so best to see what's possible  to do before I coat it all..

Not looking for a single damper set up as I want to keep the double suspension look , I also have no aluminium welding capacity , so kinda stuck  with that aswell..

show me what you got..or have seen..

This is my set up

i53.jpg

Edited by Peterv

cheers Guys

It seems like all the swingarms with the standard  double suspension set up , kinda all look  alike...as expexted..

I was hoping for a more exotic look like the new swingarms on modern bikes(with a 80's touch) , but they all have the bulky top re-enforcements , making impossible

for a twin shock to be mounted , unless you do some real cutting , and maybe do more harm then good....

I think I'm gonne have to bite the bullet and will have to (let) weld some suspension mountig brackets on afterwards If I like to be a bit "differant"

I also like the zrx on'es , but....I allready got such a bike in my garage (also a project that is waiting on retirement time...)

FYI I make carbon parts for the ZRX  community, selling them world wide , so my free time is mostley "eaten " up by this hobby...

with the freezing cold over here aswell (garage bearly heated) , I've been busy looking up some contenders , and this one tiks all the boxes..

beefy , a bit more design then the staight beams  , comes from a early 90's fzr1000 , so same time period as the azuma , just need to know the

dimensions for comparison

i54.jpg

6 hours ago, spiderpig said:

TLR and 08- R1 arms look good twin shocked :tu

yep just googeld the TLR one , it's braced at he right side...(underside).... a very good contender !!!

i58.jpg

the R1 I have noticed aswell , but the right handed side has a deep undercut for the exhaust to go under the seat.. would look awkward with a standard system..

i59.jpg.53af61c7717015c044cc9ec0e85ac062.jpg

cheers

Peter

Edited by Peterv