Opinions please

Army

I have a GSXR 1127M  the motor is not running yet, one of the items it needs are carb rubbers it came with 40mm flat slides, which I have been told are a bit of a pig to set up and low end running is not the best.

By chance I have a set of 36mm cv’s which I believe is the standard carb  for this year so not really sure which size rubbers to buy as have no experience with running either item.

so any opinions greatly appreciated.

also has anyone got the standard jet spec list for 36mm cv’s

I thought you lot got the 40mm CVs in the UK and it was only the US that got the 36mm CVs. If you want to run the 36s, you can still get the 1100 intakes here in the states. They were also used on the MK1 Bandit 1200s.

Those 40mm flat slides are a bit on the large side, but could be a lot of fun if set up properly, depends on your riding style. All the carb intakes that fit the flat slides are getting hard to find now, so you would have that issue to deal with.

Unless you have the air box, you'll probably need a jet kit for those 36 CVs, and the stock jetting that they came with in the US was pretty restricted for emissions.

• Like 1

1991 1100M came with 40mm cv in the UK , if the bikes still got it's air box and the carbs look like this  then they're stock 

P3277197.jpeg

Suzuki-GSXR-1100-WC-Mikuni-RS-Carb-kit.jpg

These are flat slides notice the difference in the carbs top 

What are the 36mm carbs off ? Mk 1 bandit 1200 and gsxr 750/1100 bst carbs have different spacing to the bsr carbs off mk2 bandits and 750 98 on teapots and each spacing set requires matching rubbers ( see @Dezza sticky on this subject)

The easiest way to fit the 36s assuming they're gsxr1100 K or L carbs would be acquire inlet rubbers to suit , stage 3 dynojet kit for carbs and k&n twin oval filters saves pissing around trying to source air box rubbers Etc 

Edited by DAZ
Addition
4 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

As well as 40's, as that is what an 'M' in the UK came with, the OP said it needs rubbers to suit! Read before contradicting! And a Haynes manual has all the jetting combinations.

He never said anything about having the 40mm CVs. Said he has 36mm CVs and RS40s. I'd probably go with the RS40s and just complain a lot about how much the bike sucks to ride in town.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

He never said anything about having the 40mm CVs. Said he has 36mm CVs and RS40s. 

Being pedantic ^^^ this was never established as some people call CV's, flatslides as the slides are 'flat' as opposed to roundslides. But agree with RS40's being too much for good road manners - they are perfectly suitable for tuning when compared to the CV versions.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wagola said:

Seems like the OP has been frightened away anyway !!:S Probably not used to the friendly banter so abundant on here :banana:xD

I’m here now, but been away, think I’m going to stick with the 40s now I’ve seen the price of rubbers.

ps: At these cheap Chinese ones any good ?