Look what followed me home....

Peterv

Hello Peter's the name  and I live in Belgium.

I was looking for a cool" budget " project bike to get my mind from the other chores of life..

so I got this inazuma 1200 for lunch money and I'm hoping to make a "hybrid" gsx1100 EX style  but with the more modern frame and the 'tuff as nails"oiled cooled engine

offcourse , I think all will be swapped but the frame and the engine, as you see the previuous owner made it into a chopper...(had no money for a harley me thinks)

I know it looks like a monstrocety  , but you got look at the "bigger picture"

i27.jpg

i31.jpg

• Like 8
42 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

yeah that is bad :( but look what you can do with a zuma frame/bike. :D 

20210628_135611.jpg

WAW...looks killer...did you have any issues with the tank fitting on the frame   I'm planning to fit  a gsx1100 ET  tank ...any body done this?

Iv'e seen guys go the opposite   ..fitting a gsx1200 engine into an old frame... 

2 hours ago, Peterv said:

WAW...looks killer...did you have any issues with the tank fitting on the frame   I'm planning to fit  a gsx1100 ET  tank ...any body done this?

Iv'e seen guys go the opposite   ..fitting a gsx1200 engine into an old frame... 

the katana tank was pretty easy to fit with a little modification underneath.  the ET tank won't fit as it is very slim at the front mounting area and the zuma frame is wider than an ET frame. you will have to modify the tank or the frame. but a bandit 1200 OR gsxr1100 engine will just drop in though. :tu

3 hours ago, DAZ said:

Doesn't matter how many times I see that bike Tony it's still gorgeous .:tu

cheers Daz, i really liked that bike and it was great to ride with the 32mm carbs on, but I just don't get on with fairings :/ the guy who bought it had a real kat but he txt me saying the Katzuma was better 9_9  sorry to Katana owners. :D  

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

Im actually thinking of the same thing right now, ive got some ET bodywork and been looking at some zuma's. 

I allready got the tail and taillight , looking for some side covers now , also got a tank , but man is it rusted inside...

1 hour ago, TonyGee said:

the katana tank was pretty easy to fit with a little modification underneath.  the ET tank won't fit as it is very slim at the front mounting area and the zuma frame is wider than an ET frame. you will have to modify the tank or the frame. but a bandit 1200 OR gsxr1100 engine will just drop in though. :tu

Its worth moving the coils to the same place as a 1200 Zuma as well 

• Like 1

So I will slowely move this project into the designated section  'Oss member projects"

hopefully it will get started even this year...as  I need this bike as an extra hole in the head

but   as the equation goes

"  amount of bikes you want equals n+1 (n being the total amount you have ):)

• Like 2