GS1000 front sprocket max ofset

I’ll double check on mine when I get home but I think it’s around 3/8” before the chain starts hitting the frame…..I’ve also had to use a non o-ring 530 chain (slimmer than the standard o-ring type).

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

I have to be creative with the frame.

I already have a plan

I was busy aligning the chain, and I noticed it has to come out a bit, almost at the end of the shaft

this is what happens when you get greedy with your 6inches :$ I'm happy with my 5.5inches 9_9 :D 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, TonyGee said:

this is what happens when you get greedy with your 6inches :$ I'm happy with my 5.5inches 9_9 :D 

xD

I ordered a GSXR wheel to match the front wheel, didn't know it was wider.. Looks a bit better, apparently every centimeter counts ;)

• Like 1

I am probably wrong on this, but thought I would add it just in case, but years ago I had an EFE and used (I think?) a Gpz750 front sprocket, which was offset from the factory. But a hefty 630 fitting. I am sure that I heard/read somewhere that some Kwaks have offset front sprockets? ZZR1100?? I don't know enough about the pitch sizes but could an offset (Gpz750) sprocket be machined down to a more user friendly 530? I admit that I am stupid in not knowing the sizes of the chain pitch. If my 5 year old grandson was here he would no doubt be able to tell me. O.o

It's a GSXR1000 wheel.

All done, I didn't do it properly yesterday.

Yesterday I pushed te sprocket by hand against the spacer. Today I put the nut on and tighten it properly, that made 5mm difference.

Sprocket doesn't come out as far anymore.

Frame is modified to allow for the chain.

sprocket.jpg

Edited by Reinhoud
  • Like 3

ZZR 1100 sprockets have different splines to Suzuki air and oil cooled bikes (which have the same splines). Obviously, this is a very poor show and incredibly inconsiderate of Kawasaki :( It's the later Kawas (e.g. ZX6R) that have the same splines as Suzukis although none have dished sprockets like the ZZR1100. Some do have a sort of offset sprocket but the splined bit is really thick.