Ideas for scavenge pump mounting on mk1 Bandit.

11 hours ago, Pegleg said:

So could you return the oil via a fitting in the sump plug? Like a banjo fitting?

No you can't ! If turbo centreline is anywhere close to oil level, no drainage would occur.

6 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

Works with a reed valve, like in a 2 stroke engine.

Apparently it works alright, I can't find any photo's. Couple of guys in The Netherlands have it like that.

The Hahn Racecraft system was copied quite a bit back in the 90's but its a lot of faffing around to get the right thickness spring steel for the 'reed' and internal plumbing around the sump to get oil from turbo to pick-up. You'd either succeed or you wouldn't, and you'd normally find out with damaged bearings! Rule of KISS - use either electric or mechanical scavenge!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

No you can't ! If turbo centreline is anywhere close to oil level, no drainage would occur.

The Hahn Racecraft system was copied quite a bit back in the 90's but its a lot of faffing around to get the right thickness spring steel for the 'reed' and internal plumbing around the sump to get oil from turbo to pick-up. You'd either succeed or you wouldn't, and you'd normally find out with damaged bearings! Rule of KISS - use either electric or mechanical scavenge!

Thanks dude. Every day is a school day. Hooked by the bug now. O.o

2 hours ago, Baron said:

Thanks! Got in touch with him and ordered one pump.

Is the turbo drain sump and check valves needed?

I currently don't have those since I'm running proboost td05 kit on 1100M.

I just know who makes  pumps  :tu

So not a question I can answer as I run a draw thru which does not need one :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone else that have ordered this scavenger pump from polish guy "TOP BIKE Performance" +48 505 800 197?

I'm wondering what was your shipping times?

It's now been 3 weeks since this guy messaged me that he has sent it and I still haven't received it. He was never able to provide a tracking code even though I asked many times.

Poland shouldn't be that far from Finland.

4 hours ago, Baron said:

Is there anyone else that have ordered this scavenger pump from polish guy "TOP BIKE Performance" +48 505 800 197?

I'm wondering what was your shipping times?

It's now been 3 weeks since this guy messaged me that he has sent it and I still haven't received it. He was never able to provide a tracking code even though I asked many times.

Poland shouldn't be that far from Finland.

Not a scavence pump but I bought a plenum from him earlier this year. All went ok but communication was quite minimal. As far as I know he is an honest guy to deal with.

I just cant understand this fella...

Today I contacted his another email address "darkstyx@wp.pl". We started chitchatting and confirmed that he is the same guy as "TOP BIKE Performance". Then I asked about status of my order and all I got was "ok".

image.thumb.png.b90a0f6edd69af27b22e449e30b3c764.png

Any help where I could ask for mechanical pump?

Another route is to go with electrical pump, which I dont personally like....

1 hour ago, Baron said:

I just cant understand this fella...

Today I contacted his another email address "darkstyx@wp.pl". We started chitchatting and confirmed that he is the same guy as "TOP BIKE Performance". Then I asked about status of my order and all I got was "ok".

image.thumb.png.b90a0f6edd69af27b22e449e30b3c764.png

Any help where I could ask for mechanical pump?

Another route is to go with electrical pump, which I dont personally like....

This is the last post i can see on face ache

Screenshot_20230813_190843_Facebook.jpg

16 hours ago, Jdeac said:

This is the last post i can see on face ache

Screenshot_20230813_190843_Facebook.jpg

Well, he said said on whatsapp that package is sent on 14th of july. 

If you have health problems, that doesn't justify to lie about sending the order. It has been a month now, so I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been sent.