RF900 carbs on GSX1100ES

Hello again,

i am looking to switch to Marving 4in1 exhaust system. I drive GSX1100ES 1983 model. 
I was wondering if any of you have experience with changing to RF900 carbs on these machines. I found one tread on internet and got encouraged to try it. I had luck with finding a decent set od carbs for 60$.

I understand that they need service and jet upgrade but does anyone have experience with putting these on GSX1100?

My biggest concern is if existing rubbers fit the RF carbs. I would rather ask before I dismantle half of the bike to find out. 

thanks!

Aren’t the RF carbs more angled and upright facing? “If” they fit what are you planning for an airbox / airfilter ? 

Airfilters, inlet rubbers, spacing, jetting etc etc. I’m sure it’s do-able if you’re keen but personally I’d be looking for something more popular from air or oil cooled models that are more similar.

F53138FB-3BEB-47DD-B2B2-7D9AF8666D2D.thumb.jpeg.a9e2bea5c12fcaaa785e62ab67b23346.jpeg

Edited by Tony Nitrous
  • Like 1
On 4/8/2023 at 10:31 AM, Tony Nitrous said:

Aren’t the RF carbs more angled and upright facing? “If” they fit what are you planning for an airbox / airfilter ? 

Airfilters, inlet rubbers, spacing, jetting etc etc. I’m sure it’s do-able if you’re keen but personally I’d be looking for something more popular from air or oil cooled models that are more similar.

F53138FB-3BEB-47DD-B2B2-7D9AF8666D2D.thumb.jpeg.a9e2bea5c12fcaaa785e62ab67b23346.jpeg

On 4/8/2023 at 10:47 AM, jameskat said:

Angled floats and jets, I think you are getting into more trouble than it is worth.

This is the tread where I got information:
https://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/forum/technical-forums/performance-tuning-mods/13339-carb-swap

and why bought the carbs in the first place. 

It is an old tread on other forum, I will to try to get some information from the guy who posted this.

BDST36SS CV Mikunis off of a 94 RF900

The giveaway is the 'D' in the serial number - D = Downdraft. Same as when people pick up downdraft orientated FCR flatslides - they need re-spacing as always too narrow and the float bowl angles are all wrong. They sometimes work but not optimally, either flooding or running lean.

• Like 1