Party Time at Chicken Central 12/13th August

Paulm

• 2 months later...

It's getting close now, so just need to check firstly that it's still on? Then what the rough/usual plan is? I ask because obviously I need to bring a bike, but what we're likely do on them will point me at what's best to bring (and get ready! O.o).

The other thing is relay stuff, I have to bring that exhaust for Clive. Anything else need to come with me or be dropped off?

35 minutes ago, imago said:

It's getting close now, so just need to check firstly that it's still on? Then what the rough/usual plan is? I ask because obviously I need to bring a bike, but what we're likely do on them will point me at what's best to bring (and get ready! O.o).

The other thing is relay stuff, I have to bring that exhaust for Clive. Anything else need to come with me or be dropped off?

It was still on when we chatted about it yesterday Larry,myself and Bow are going up on the Friday,my choice of bike GS750 Turbo of course,we are hoping to have at least one rideout,personally id like to see you stock ET,thatll keep up alright.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Paulm said:

It was still on when we chatted about it yesterday Larry,myself and Bow are going up on the Friday,my choice of bike GS750 Turbo of course,we are hoping to have at least one rideout,personally id like to see you stock ET,thatll keep up alright.

Good stuff, just wondered what sort of ride out was on the cards.

The ET goes well enough, getting it to stop on the other hand .... O.oxD

Yes party is still on we will probably ride out to Scarborough then over to Seaways biker cafe. The NY500 cafe is only 3 miles from me which is like a small motor museum. There will be a BBQ Saturday night so bring some beer and a bit of something to throw on the BBQ if you want. There is a garage at the end of our road where you can buy supply's if needed an you can walk into Pickering town fro our house it's about a mile to the centre of town from ours. My address is Brickyard Farm Marton Lane Pickering North Yorkshire YO18 8LW and my phone number is 07815033726 if you get lost.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Paulm said:

Funnily enough I've just bought new discs and pads for the GS

The pads are new, it's just that standard ET/EX brakes have always been a bit shite. They're OK at lower speeds but I don't think Suzuki San paid much attention to the whole m x V = p thing. When you get your velocity up on nearly 300 kg of bike with 100 kg of rider it's 60 mph = 26.8 m/s that gives you 400 x 26.8 = 10,720 Kg m/s 

So those shitty brakes are dealing (or not!) with 10.7 tonnes at 60 mph. O.o

4 minutes ago, imago said:

The pads are new, it's just that standard ET/EX brakes have always been a bit shite. They're OK at lower speeds but I don't think Suzuki San paid much attention to the whole m x V = p thing. When you get your velocity up on nearly 300 kg of bike with 100 kg of rider it's 60 mph = 26.8 m/s that gives you 400 x 26.8 = 10,720 Kg m/s 

So those shitty brakes are dealing (or not!) with 10.7 tonnes at 60 mph. O.o

A bit too technical for an idiot like me:D Im more of a fook me that was close type of blokexD

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Paulm said:

A bit too technical for an idiot like me:D Im more of a fook me that was close type of blokexD

Yeah well, it's not as if anyone's working that shit out as they're staring down the barrel of a skip lorry. xD The point is it's easy to underestimate just how much you're expecting brakes to deal with. Saying they've got to stop an ET doing 60 is one thing, saying that means they need to deal with 10 tonnes puts it in a bit more perspective.

9 hours ago, Paulm said:

I will be there from Friday on too B|

With my only running / registered bike :

the GSX1400EF

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Paulm said:

Nice one Jay,I beleive several OSS members have owned that frame at one time or another,lovely  bike mate.

It twas mine 20 years ago , allen Jeff 1052 in me et .all i can say is thanks to the 2 lads that have done such a great job on her 

• Like 1