Kat clocks with GSXR wheel

I've got the EFE speedo working correctly on a Slingy wheel and speedo drive. But the Katana has a 19" wheel, so if the drive is also different from an EFE or a Slingy one (different reduction) it might work.

yea, its the wheel size difference that I think is going to be the problem as a 17" wheel is going to be spinning faster than a 19" wheel at the same road speed

yea, its the wheel size difference that I think is going to be the problem as a 17" wheel is going to be spinning faster than a 19" wheel at the same road speed

As said before You can just recalibrate by eye. At least you will be on the safe side for speed cameras. You gotta keep the clocks an essential part of of Kat me thinks.

I've got a GSXR1100K front end with the GSXR speedo drive on my Kat with the standard Kat clocks (it's not a Kat without the Kat clocks - LOL) and they're not that far out. Riding next to the car and the clocks read 55mph and the car is 50mph. I know this gap will increase the higher the speed, but as said, you are the right side for the cops ;)

but remember that the later sd model kats came with 16 inch front wheels, and used the same clocks as the ones with 19 inch wheels meaning that the difference must have been in the speedo drives, i reccon a 16 inch wheel with the fat tyre that the kat came with would have the same rolling diamiter as a modern 17 inch with a lower profile rubber.

• 2 weeks later...

caculating wheel circumference is as easy as pi,,,,,,,,

i'll get my coat......

and chris, no sd 750 and 1100s came with the 16 inch wheel, it was one of them odd 1980s fashion trends like your shellsuit or gaudy annodized allen bolts,,,,, or lairy painted spondon turbos,,,,,,

• Like 1
7 hours ago, johnr said:

caculating wheel circumference is as easy as pi,,,,,,,,

i'll get my coat......

and chris, no sd 750 and 1100s came with the 16 inch wheel, it was one of them odd 1980s fashion trends like your shellsuit or gaudy annodized allen bolts,,,,, or lairy painted spondon turbos,,,,,,

My Kat 1100 SD has a 19" front, but maybe mine is different? and I love 80's paintjobs :D