Dyno read outs????

Just been looking on a US turbo forum, one post from  bigcc racing , he shows a very impressive busa dyno reading.

Then the other members point out that they could get a scooter to show the same readings..... Matey thought his post would be taken at face value.......... The point is this, don't take things at face value , don't assume products from the like of matey boy are what you need, they are after your money.........seen too many people buying stuff they don't need.......

Just been looking on a US turbo forum, one post from  bigcc racing , he shows a very impressive busa dyno reading.

Then the other members point out that they could get a scooter to show the same readings..... Matey thought his post would be taken at face value.......... The point is this, don't take things at face value , don't assume products from the like of matey boy are what you need, they are after your money.........seen too many people buying stuff they don't need.......

And I,d bet none of them did ....9_9

Sean has always argued that folk should use the same settings / rules for dyno runs......he also posts videos of his HP runs......on u tube as well as faceache

He can be a bit marmite but If Private Pike says it makes xxx Hp then it makes xxx Hp ...:tu

• Like 1
Guest YoshiJohnny

Sean has always been dead helpful when I have pestered him..

all that matters is the fuel line...everything else is pretty irrelevant...before and after with the same bike showing an improvement is cool

I'm advising caution about spending ur hard earned money, seen bikes fitted up with the wrong gear many times from UK turbo gurus......

It's interesting to note, on the US forums bullshit is shot down in flames in short order.Thankfully you dont get big ego's surronding themselfs with sycohants, its not nice seeing the cock suckers worshipping / sucking off their guru's......

( as was the case a few years ago on one UK forum )

And I,d bet none of them did ....9_9

Sean has always argued that folk should use the same settings / rules for dyno runs......he also posts videos of his HP runs......on u tube as well as faceache

He can be a bit marmite but If Private Pike says it makes xxx Hp then it makes xxx Hp ...:tu

Totally agree Clive. I've no axe to grind or bury but i've known Sean for close to 15+ years and yes he can be a 1st class knob at times and we've had many, many discussions on ways of doing things - some things work, some don't (I had a Motec on my bike before he'd even see one, and dismissed mine as overkill!) but apart from trying to sell snow to the eskimos and sand to the arabs, he has made a name for well built turbo kits, primarily for late model sportbikes that will do what he says they will do, no doubts. They won't be cheap but HP never is and his come with guarantees - how rare is that. 

For those that don't know there are 3 or 4 testing regimes for Dynos - uncorrected, SAE, DIN and the 'other one'. All will give a different number, even the dyno type affects the number - it could be electrically or water braked, light or heavy drum un-braked, acceleration type, they all give different numbers. So, yes be cautious of unproven numbers, but when they come from someone who really does 'what it says on the tin' don't be so dismissive. Results speak and there are some American teams racing with BigCC turbo kits and they ain't complaining of 'lack' of HP! Its actually nice to be able to say that the UK can build and export to the USA, a niche' product in a niche' marketplace and be well regarded!

On general level there can be easily up to 10% variation between different dynos even when they are set up correctly. In addition some operators like to print out "engine power" readings while other prefer raw wheel power readings. And often they don't even state which one has been used in the dyno sheet. Difference between these two is typically 10-15%.

Then boosted engines bring in yet another dimension of inaccuracy. If the boost pressure isn't logged and printed in the dyno graph you can't really know what it was for that pull. Usually the owner or dyno operator just states that boost was let's say "15 psi". That can mean the boost varied between 13-17 psi over the pull, for example. Typical glycerine filled gauges also react a bit slowly and tend to "cut out" maximum values. So if the boost peaks at peak power point it can easily get missed if boost is monitored only from the gauge. So that "15 psi" can easily be 18 psi in reality. That makes substantial difference to power figures too.

So in reality you can't make too detailed analysis from some random dyno graphs on the net.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

My 50cc did 48mph but if you ask me il tell ya it does 52mph. Cos 52 is wayyyy more rapid than 48. But my mate Louis knew a lad two towns over selling a carb that had rumours of pushing it to the 60mph zone, he also said he fingered Tina from year 10 round the back of the bike sheds but we all know he didn't. 

Simples... If a company has a long proven history of making big horsepower and your in the market for silly power then you aren't going to be spending your hard early cash with a fella that owns a 'my first halfords tool kit' are ya? Be you're own judge of character and if you can't do that then you probably should go visit MB Customs. It's late. P.S ma 50cc managed 5mph up Snafell. I hope your enlightened. 

• Like 3

Sean at BigCC is a great guy, he speaks his own mind like all good tuners do and absolutely knows his shit. I have no doubts that his bikes make tremendous amounts of HP and certainly are not manipulated because it would look better.  The raceresults speak for themselves.

On the other matter of dyno differences: My bike always gets measured on the same dyno so you can see if an improvement is really an improvement.