81 gsx 750 swinging arm help please

To anyone and everyone please can I have advice. I have a 1981 gsx 750 and a bandit 600 wheel with a 160 tyre on it, what swinging arm can I use to fit this but still keep the twin shock setup? The swinging arm on the picture isn't suitable, I've done away with that. Thank you in advance for any help. 

IMG_20210404_135851.jpg

• Like 1

Yes the arm that's in that pic is the srad but the frame clearance called for modification, but looking at it and given advice from someone with experience he said it wasn't safe so not going to use that. That bandit 1200 arm looks like a nice easy one. But thank you guys for the answers it's much appreciated(y)

Nope it won't correct mate, thats one of the forbidden words on here ahaha

Re the swingarm its all down to what style you're looking for, i do like the katana arm as i said the design is really nice for a stock arm. But beefier stuff is available although i've read the bandit isnt exactly super stiff

Oh I see xD and I wanted an ally one just for the aesthetics but it's turned into a bit of a dangerous escapade. So I think I'll take the advice from people who have obviously been there n done it with the gsx1100 arm (y) I thought it looked cool with that arm and the busa rear wheel but just not safe at all O.o

Well I've bought myself a gsx1100 swinging arm now. And okay in sure I can get hold of some tubing for a sleeve. Just can't wait for her to be finished! Only had her since June 19. But this is the arm I've bought... 

Screenshot_20210526_123032_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20210526_123027_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Kp93 said:

Gotta be honest though Tony, as much as I love blue, I quite like yours in the orange livery

I knew from the start it had to go in them colours, i think its the most popular one ????  if not then its what an ET should look like in my mind :tu  but its also good to be different ;)

This is definitely the first time I have seen a katana arm going onto a bike. Usually the other way around

Are you going to get some better quality shocks while you are at it. Those Chinesium models are crap.

Somebody put in a lot of work to modify that SRAD  swingarm. Might have been easier to just widen the frame to get it to fit.

I'm a black n blue kinda guy :tu

And yeah might have to save up for some better shocks though unfortunately these projects aren't cheap and kids are more expensive xD and yeah the srad swinging arm took some fabrication but I didn't wanna touch the frame because then I'd have to register it n have it inspected by the proper authority O.o where as this way I haven't made any major frame alterations thus meaning I can register it as classic (once I've had it mot'd) from there forth it'll be tax free and no more testing involved (y)

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Kp93 said:

I'm a black n blue kinda guy :tu

And yeah might have to save up for some better shocks though unfortunately these projects aren't cheap and kids are more expensive xD and yeah the srad swinging arm took some fabrication but I didn't wanna touch the frame because then I'd have to register it n have it inspected by the proper authority O.o where as this way I haven't made any major frame alterations thus meaning I can register it as classic (once I've had it mot'd) from there forth it'll be tax free and no more testing involved (y)

Luckily nothing like MOT here. I lived in England about 20 years ago and I remember the MOT was a pain in  the butt with my mini.

We can get collector plates that gives you cheaper insurance but the bike has to be completely stock and there are limitations like no driving to work.

Yeah the mot. Is a pain however I work at a testing station and we do bikes too so all good really :D

There's more than one way to string a cat. And well that sounds like a regimental order however I suppose itll keep more original and restored bikes on the road which is a good thing. But overall the mot has gotten worse, being a tester myself it's even a pain just to keep my testing licence year by year and really we're doing a job on behalf of the government O.o