Harris F1 GSXR Tis a beauty

• 6 months later...
On 6/1/2019 at 6:07 PM, Duckndive said:

:stop: this one is better IMHO...........

1967188015_F1Harristhing.jpg.6d424eaa226cd542314d663a222f9e31.jpg

Its Proper :banana:

Is that  F1 frame with twin shock conversion or just earlier one ? Did it come before the later mono shock one or adapted ?

25 minutes ago, GS1000 78 said:

Is that  F1 frame with twin shock conversion or just earlier one ? Did it come before the later mono shock one or adapted ?

You can order them new from Harris with either a single shock or a twin shock back end. The bike in the picture I think was a relatively recent build using a new frame from Harris. It's not a frame made in the 1980s.

Just a thought regarding the 1st one - yes 'orrible lights but if they were quick detach stylee then they'd make sense - daylight racebike don't need lights and don't need to carry extra weight around and secondly night time running is generally at a slower pace so the added draggy lights wouldn't be such a penalty? - just my thoughts - may be way off!

15 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Just a thought regarding the 1st one - yes 'orrible lights but if they were quick detach stylee then they'd make sense - daylight racebike don't need lights and don't need to carry extra weight around and secondly night time running is generally at a slower pace so the added draggy lights wouldn't be such a penalty? - just my thoughts - may be way off!

Lap times are often faster in the dark because of the cooler conditions.   

Obviously this more relevant at Paul Ricard in June than Cadwell in March.  :D

• Like 2