Newark Winter Classic 5/6th Jan

MeanBean49

I built the bike in my shed, took about 2 years available funds being the governing factor. I started with a reproduction frame of a series 2 TR750, 1974 era. The forks are Suzuki GT750 with Sports Valve cartridge emulators. The wheels are 1980 Kawasaki, 7 spoke front and 5 spoke rear, they look like Campanola's but cast aluminium not magnesium so much heavier but stronger and cheaper. Front and back are 18". I built the motor from a Suzuki GT750 with a 5mm spacer plate, ported it to TR750 specs. It produces 100.6 hp , 7500RPM at the rear wheel on   mixed 32:1 pump fuel . Added one friction and steel plate to the modified clutch housing to hold it. Fairing is from Ragged Edge Racing. A friend of mine Justin Roebury fabricated the chambers. I modified a GS750 5 speed transmission to fit into the GT750 engine cases as the ratios are a bit closer, getting a few false neutrals so more work required there. I've ridden it at Cadwell and there are still some set up issues to work out like brakes that actually slow you down and suspension set up. The biggest problem I have with it is it's bloody loud and very difficult to get through the track noise limits. Fun to ride but because I have lots to learn about riding on the track and the bike needs setting up yet I have been putting the final touches on a more modern track bike to learn the trade  and less worried about chucking it down the track, 2001 GSXR600. I painted it to look like the TR750.

quarter view 3.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, billd said:

I built the bike in my shed, took about 2 years available funds being the governing factor. I started with a reproduction frame of a series 2 TR750, 1974 era. The forks are Suzuki GT750 with Sports Valve cartridge emulators. The wheels are 1980 Kawasaki, 7 spoke front and 5 spoke rear, they look like Campanola's but cast aluminium not magnesium so much heavier but stronger and cheaper. Front and back are 18". I built the motor from a Suzuki GT750 with a 5mm spacer plate, ported it to TR750 specs. It produces 100.6 hp , 7500RPM at the rear wheel on   mixed 32:1 pump fuel . Added one friction and steel plate to the modified clutch housing to hold it. Fairing is from Ragged Edge Racing. A friend of mine Justin Roebury fabricated the chambers. I modified a GS750 5 speed transmission to fit into the GT750 engine cases as the ratios are a bit closer, getting a few false neutrals so more work required there. I've ridden it at Cadwell and there are still some set up issues to work out like brakes that actually slow you down and suspension set up. The biggest problem I have with it is it's bloody loud and very difficult to get through the track noise limits. Fun to ride but because I have lots to learn about riding on the track and the bike needs setting up yet I have been putting the final touches on a more modern track bike to learn the trade  and less worried about chucking it down the track, 2001 GSXR600. I painted it to look like the TR750.

quarter view 3.jpg

Cool, youre on the list,will be sending messages out in a week or so.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MooreMatthew said:

Hopefully have my 1127 slabby done 

wouldn’t want to take anyone’s place but if spare place when I know I’ll be not far off I’ll message again 

since you don’t like bandits not offer that 

not as bright as photo since had rocker cover re done  same colour as frame

11E5ADFA-2DDE-4FC5-A020-7E03AF9E373C.jpeg

0D60D884-89EA-4704-9C84-0AE26C3C980B.jpeg

It’s not about me not liking Bandits,they are allowed on the forum so they are allowed on the stand,I’m not bias in that respect and neither is anyone else. Check your messages.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 8:51 AM, Paulm said:

It’s not about me not liking Bandits,they are allowed on the forum so they are allowed on the stand,I’m not bias in that respect and neither is anyone else. Check your messages.

Biased my arse !!! :-)