gsxr1300 pistions and 750 dot head

wraith

They will sit 1mm down from deck if you use 1052 rods on 1127 Crank.... 

Vizman I know 2/5th off #uckall...........But I,ve never been afraid to join bits together to find out if it will work.............:v :tu

does anyone know how far below deck will they sit with 1127cc crank and rods? 

I like it duck, your a man after my own heart haha 

They will sit 1mm down from deck if you use 1052 rods on 1127 Crank.... 

Vizman I know 2/5th off #uckall...........But I,ve never been afraid to join bits together to find out if it will work.............:v :tu

I typed that wrong....:$

It should read They will sit 1mm down from deck if you use 1127 rods on 1052 crank

1052 & 1127 Rods are the same ..Crank stroke is different .. :tu

• Like 1

They Don't ...

Pic is My Motor Gen 1 Busa Pistons on 1127 rods on 1127 crank in 1127 cases

BUSA%20DECK_zpsgxrhkfgs.jpg

can you remember this base gasket thickness from this? 

Sorry to hijack thread but this is all good info to know for my build haha 

also so does anyone know the standard 1127 rod and slug to deck measurement? 

Edited by Phill106
  • Like 1

So what deck high are we aiming for?  For N/a and turbo?

Depends on what compression u want to aim for, what pistons ur using etc. At 0 deck height, with 12:1 pistons and my head combo i was at 14.2:1 compression. With my new head it went up to around 15.5 so i have to reduce my deck height to get the compression back down a bit

This is where I start to get lost.

My plan is to use mostly standard gsxr 1127 lump (head, crank, cons) and rebored to 1216 with busa Pistons in and then add a turbo. 

I do have a set of gen 1 busa rods that came with the gen 2 Pistons (I know right) if that will help but I'm pretty sure they are longer. Also before anyone jumps on me I know gen 2 Pistons have smaller pins but that's beside the point. 

Anyway I have no idea how I work out comp ratios and in turn how far below deck I need to be. I did try google but its still quite confusing working with formula. Any help? 

1127 rods are 117mm

Busa rods are 119.5mm

Doing some basic calcs off the top of my head, 

at 0 deck itll be around 11.2:1

0.5mm below deck around 10.2:1

1mm below deck 9.7:1

Now thats not gospel, thats based on guestimates as im not a turbo guy but thats baseing it on some measurements ive got writen down from previous engines ive built. Hope this helps

• Like 1

1127 rods are 117mm

Busa rods are 119.5mm

Doing some basic calcs off the top of my head, 

at 0 deck itll be around 11.2:1

0.5mm below deck around 10.2:1

1mm below deck 9.7:1

Now thats not gospel, thats based on guestimates as im not a turbo guy but thats baseing it on some measurements ive got writen down from previous engines ive built. Hope this helps

Not a million miles out.....:)

This is where I start to get lost.

My plan is to use mostly standard gsxr 1127 lump (head, crank, cons) and rebored to 1216 with busa Pistons in and then add a turbo. 

I do have a set of gen 1 busa rods that came with the gen 2 Pistons (I know right) if that will help but I'm pretty sure they are longer. Also before anyone jumps on me I know gen 2 Pistons have smaller pins but that's beside the point. 

Anyway I have no idea how I work out comp ratios and in turn how far below deck I need to be. I did try google but its still quite confusing working with formula. Any help? 

there is a good calculator here ....http://www.cbperformance.com/v/enginecalc.html

just make sure you select MM before starting 9_9

• Like 1

Because you combustion chamber CC number is -304cc which will in effect give u half of fuck all lol

If its a stock 1127 with stock valves, the combustion chamber is around 23cc

Also remember that that calculator doesnt take into consideration the head gasket thickness, which can be anywere between 0.5mm to 1.2mm depending on what gasket u use

So even putting in the correct cc value in that calc will give u the wrong reading