OSS Meeting in Holland/the continent?

KATANAMANGLER

2 hours ago, Ulleke said:

Nice bikes, the OSS stand will be promising indeed. Does any body now if in Holland we do something similar?

In the past,   I found it more entertaining to attend a OSS party in the UK because of the time span. Generally 3 days.

NL " party's " are more like bbq's on a afternoon.  

Plus...Camping near a full blown pub is very convenient :pimp:

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Ulleke said:

Lets see what happens, a smal OSS stand at a show in NL would be nice. We got a couple of nice bikes over here

Yes, start small. A few bikes at a show. The big spectacular will never happen becuase it's a lot to take on. Shows and stands aren't for everyone. If you can find a few NL members that like doing shows that's a start. Two of our Admins are in NL I'm sure they would come along in support. 

Over here in the UK we are lucky to have a team of enthusiastic individuals who enjoy puting on a stand. Are there similarly minded members in the NL?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rene EFE said:

the organisers are an UTTER nightmare to deal

And the SAM organisation is even worse. I'm not joking, I don't want to be associated with these people.

There's a very good reason why the organisers ot the dutch Superbike-meeting chose another venue instead of staying with the SAM.

Actually the only thing worth looking into as it is now (in Holland) is the Superbike meeting.

• Like 1

My opinion on this as a Cloggy and OSS related, there aren't many interesting bikeshows/events to which we can attend as OSS. 

Yes, meeting up somewhere is always an option but this would be more of a chitchat day/evening rather than attending an event. In my opinion a fair bit of people always attend the Biker Classics at Spa but most of the people are racing their dinosaurs rather than showcasing them. Shows like fighterama and Street or Track aren't happening anymore. Compared to the UK the bike scene is quite different over here...

On 6-2-2018 at 9:43 AM, vizman said:

it doesn't have to be a 'show' or an 'established event' we could just have an OSS.info gathering on the euro continent

That’s what i thought and indeed @Blubberspa isn’t NL but as @Jelly says there arent many events left to have a OSS stand.

So forget the stand and come to Spa and let’s have a chat inbetween racing @t team banana

OSS hardcore people are present there i think we wil be located at p14 again.

• Like 2

It does sound like a plan :tu  

i have summed up the information below for those interested:

http://www.bikersclassics.be/ is held on 29, 30jun18 and ends 01jul18. 

The address is:  Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps, Route du Circuit 55, 4970 Stavelot, Belgium

Prices for spectators : 

Weekend ticket : Entrance + paddock (incl. tribune, autojumble , concert, 4u race, Lifestyle Village) : 50 € (30 € pre-sale)

Friday 29/06 ticket : Entrance + paddock : 15 €

Saturday 30/06 ticket : Entrance + paddock  + concert + race ) : 30 €

Sunday 1/07 ticket : Entrance + paddock : 25 €

Additional local cost. 

Parking motors : 5 € / day

Parking autos: 5 € / day

Camping : car + tent 25 € / weekend 
                  mobilhome 25€ / weekend

As mentioned earlier in this thread .. the Classic superbike meeting https://www.classicsuperbikemeeting.nl/ does attract people who like older bikes .

d9b51fb861994eee9e9fb47bdf8ba162.jpg

• Like 2