Pingel fuel tap

Gilfi

Hi guys, probably not in the right place but what the hell.

I have a Pingel tap on the Kat which I installed just to get it running but it seems to have a leak. I did see on the installation instructions that there was a mention to put thread tape  on it before installing.

My question is, is there such thread tape or not? I know of plumbers teflon thread tape but not a thing about a type of tape that would withstand petrol.

PTFE plumbers' tape works fine on the threads of a Pingel tap, as is stated on the destructions given by Pingel. Presumably this stuff is petrol resistant. I had reservartions at first when I used this when fitting mine but have never even had a hint of a leak (yet....).

The different colours of PTFE tape mean the following:

• White: used on NPT threads up to 3/8 inch
  • Yellow: used on NPT threads 1/2 inch to 2 inch, often labeled "gas tape"
  • Pink: used on NPT threads 1/2 inch to 2 inch, safe for propane and other hydrocarbon fuels
  • Green: oil-free PTFE used on oxygen lines and some specific medical gasses
  • Gray: contains nickel, anti-seizing, anti-galling and anti-corrosion, used for stainless pipes
  • Copper: contains copper granules and is certified as a thread lubricant but not a sealer

I've used the white stuff on fuel for years.

Yellow and Pink are just thicker than the white.

• Like 1