Engine dimensions

Nigkat

Ive got a gsx 750 f motor i`m using as a dummy motor to fit in to a gs 650 g frame but want to use a bandit 12 motor.

I know the lower mounts are the same but whats the difference in the height of the 2 motors.?

the 750f motor is 73 bore and 44.7 stroke and the bandit 12 motor is 79 x 59 mm? so am I right in assuming that the bandit 12 motor is 14.3 mm taller ? 

Is there anything else I need to take into consideration?

thanks 

9 hours ago, Swarf said:

Ah, good info. I was looking for this cos I've got a set of empty b6 cases I'm planning on using for a similar purpose.

Is the output shaft the same length on the oil boiler motors also? Would be handy if I was able to plan out chain runs etc. 

Out put shafts are all very similar. The spacers behind the sprockets are different though.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, clivegto said:

Just space it out or machine it down that's all I have done in the past. Can not even remember which engines these came from I just use the one that fits my purpose.

20171028_155550.jpg

Cheers chap, I suppose I can just get a sprocket and space it to suit. (y)

On 23/10/2017 at 2:43 AM, Dezza said:

FBOAB told me that 750 and 1100 motors have different numbers of cooling fins, which makes sense to me, and is a good way to guesstimate the height of these engines relative to each other. It can be seen clearly from the pics above, this is true.

Short stroke are 11fins,400/600/750 long stroke are 12 fins,1052/1127/56/57 are 14 fins :)

On 26/10/2017 at 11:19 AM, Swarf said:

Ah, good info. I was looking for this cos I've got a set of empty b6 cases I'm planning on using for a similar purpose.

Is the output shaft the same length on the oil boiler motors also? Would be handy if I was able to plan out chain runs etc. 

600 are long stroke(as are the 400/650/750),so are slightly taller than the short stroke 750.

The 89 gsxr1100k has a shorter output/countershaft,than all the other oil-cooled engines :)

16 hours ago, Del said:

600 are long stroke(as are the 400/650/750),so are slightly taller than the short stroke 750.

The 89 gsxr1100k has a shorter output/countershaft,than all the other oil-cooled engines :)

Thanks Del. I'm going to make up some sort of spacer so I can get a rough height for now, and I'm aiming to pick up a 1200 lump for the actual build. Hopefully!! xD

Ideally I can use the 600 scrap motor to do all the frame mods needed, I'm assuming from this that my 600 output shaft should be similar enough to the 1200 to work out chain run. Aiming for a 200 rear tyre so I know some cutting will likely be needed. Hopefully I can get everything done with my cases then just chuck a proper lump in later......