Fitting aftermarket cooler on 750l

thats what i was hoping but ive also been told that someone had problems with the forks touching the cooler when going from lock to lock i havent fitted the cooler yet but will be doing it soon just wanted to see if there was any advice as ive still got the fairing fitted on mine 

3 hours ago, martyngsxr said:

thats what i was hoping but ive also been told that someone had problems with the forks touching the cooler when going from lock to lock

It's usually the 180 degree fittings that touch off the bottom yoke if the cooler is mounted too high. Just do a mock fit. Some of the brackets that come with coolers are 'universal' and sit too high as they are meant for mounting coolers upside down (bandit style) which clears the yokes. ;)

Don't overtighten the cooler in the brackets, they do not withstand vibration very well, HEL stopped giving any warranty on the coolers because of this. If you can't move it, it's too tight.

I resorted to fitting Slabby coolers in the finish, much stronger unit, just have to be careful not to overtighten the lines, seen plenty cracked because of this.....

4 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Most stock cooler brackets have rubber somewhere in their construction, as said its there for a reason - solid mounts = split coolers!

Yup, HEL may have sorted their mounts out a bit better now, haven't used their kits for a long while. As I remember it, there wasn't enough metal to drill out to use the stock mounting rubbers so ther were hard mounted.....