Cam cover stuck on with araldite!

Too cold to work today so took the cam cover off a GS750GL I'm modifying!

The tacho drive broke off when I tried to gently remove it so had to take the top off to push it out.

Bloody gasket seems like its glued on.........two hours later with a scraper and a hoover and its still not all off!

Could anyone tell me the preferred method to put the new one on without the same happening again.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm probably a little late on this thread but I have always used a product over rhere called gasket sinch. I've seen it under many different names and product lines. Its a dark purple sweet-ish smelling stuff with a rubber cement type consistency. Always comes in a little tin can with applicator brush attached to the inside of cap (Just like rubber cement). Works great. Been using it since the 80's

Edited by nightrider

Reminds me of the year old Sierra 4x4 2.0 twin cam estate my mate bought direct from Ford UK ,  6 months later the head gasket started to leak so it was booked in for replacement.

It had obviously had earlier problems as the gasket was fixed on with what appeared to be JB weld or similar.

Ended up Ford fitting a brand new motor